Best waxing products to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty By Laura

Reaction score
Just looking for some help as to which are the best waxing products to use? I am looking for a waxing pot, and am unsure which one to purchase. Also which brand of hot wax is the best to buy in your opinion? xx

Hi there!

Although I'm relatively new to the industry I use (and have always had used on me) Lycon products. I'm located in Australia so haven't had the chance to try PR or Berins (which Ive noticed a lot of Geeks swear by on here) as its not available in Aus but I've not needed to anyway. I've found Lycon custom service when ordering etc has been second to none and I love their Lycotec White Hot Wax which comes in easy pop-n-go trays and their strip waxes are fab as well as the before and after lotions etc I also find them great for use on sesensitive skin.

Regarding wax heaters I purchased the Hi-lift Kompact twin 1 ltr pots heater and have had zero problems with it. Both pots have individual temperature control and on/off switches and it's easy to keep clean! Having said that I have a industry friend who uses a couple of rice cookers which in her opinion is just as effective and was a little cheaper to purchase lol

Hope that helps x

Hi Laura,
I have always used Hive wax pots both the old analogue and the new digital wax heaters; I have always found them to be good reliable wax heaters.

For me I only ever used Euroblonde Perron Rigot hot wax . IMO its the best hot wax and always does a great job. You may find it easier to buy a few sample sizes of various brands and try them for yourself and see what works best for you.

PR sell empty tins that fit most 1000cc heaters so you can decant small quantities of hot wax and try them, they also sell small sample size of the whole range of hot wax.

HTH Jack

I am also a Perron Rigot fan. After all the hype on here when I started I thought to myself "it surely can't be that good...can it?" .. and by golly it is!

I have also done a two leg wax on two seperate clients (obviously not with hot wax- but I also use PR Hot wax aswell) who are also beauty therapists and they commented on how good it was and have now converted to PR.

I use the Hive 1000cc heater and has become invaluable to me as it has a lockable lid. And twice it has saved wax from going...everywhere :Scared:

Latest posts

Back