Best way to deal with clients who can't sit still?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
This may seem like a very stupid question but I have one or two clients that just can't seem to sit still when I'm doing their nails. I have to have a very firm grip on the finger to make sure my paint is perfect! A few occasions they have wriggled so much I've jogged and flooded the cuticle and had to restart the nail again. I don't want to be rude and tell her to sit still but sometimes i wish I could just tie her to the chair lol!

I need a way to tell her to stop moving without talking to her like a child or sounding rude, but if I'm making mistakes due to client not keeping still and having to re-do is wasting my product and taking up more of my time.

How do you deal with clients like this but making sure to stay professional? It actually angers me sometimes and can put me in a bad mood and I don't want that!

Sorry if my question is very stupid lol x

"Try and relax for me?" Then hold their hand up and gently push their elbow down. "That's it, lovely. Just so I can get a beautiful paint job for you!"

I do that a couple of times and If they're still fidgety I say "are you comfortable there or would you like a cushion? You seem to be a little fidgety!"

Or, stop painting until they sit still. They soon get the message!

Xxx

I have a few clients like this & say similar to the comments above. If that fails I just wait & hold my brush above the nail & wait until they are still. Other than that tell then to SIT STILL!!!!! xx

Ooo I have still clients, however I have clients that however many times I explain they pull their hands out the lamp early...some times to check them and some just don't get they need to leave them in!!

It infuriates me! One of my clients does it at least 3 times EVERY appointment...it really isn't that hard to grasp is it? Moan over!! X

What you do is warn them that if they don't stay still you're going to hit them on the knuckles with the metal cuticle pusher. Works every time. They may need reminding at every appointment but they'll only wriggle once! :wink2:

I'm very chatty and friendly with my clients and they know I'm only joking but it sends the message. Wouldn't dream of saying this to a new client by the way. :Scared: Wait until you've built up a good relationship.

I just say "I need you to sit still please" just be honest.
The worst is when they have their phone on the table and constantly messing with it! or their kids keep ringing them up.

I remind them that their nails are not dry they have a sticky layer and will ruin the mani if they get fluff hair on them.

Failing that i'll threaten to chop their hands off.

..... :wink2:

I agree with Claire, just tell them. Some seem competely incapable of sitting still but others just don't realise they are moving around.:green:

It's not a stupid question. I have some clients like that as well. Looking back, I was one of those clients! I really didn't know I was doing anything wrong though. Techs were constantly telling me to relax my hand and moving my fingers and wrist all around. I realize now it's because I was so fascinated by what they were doing, I would stare at the nail being worked on and subconsciously holding it so I could see it. Now I get it, but I didn't as a client.

I just say "Sit still please!" I'm sure they'd rather you say that and they have nice nails than you not and they have messy nails.

Clients should know that if they move around a lot then there could be an imperfect paint job. As others have said, I always tell them straight up that they've got to stop moving. Obviously I'm polite but most are grateful that I mention it because they usually aren't even aware they're fidgeting.

Latest posts

Back