Best way to get rid of colour build up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robynbird

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
This post is actually one for me! I have been dying my hair with 44/66 for a while now and love it but have a lot of build up on the ends so they are nearly black. Before i dye it next time i want to get rid of some of the build up to geta more even finish, especially as i get married in 2 months so need it looking tip top and match the extentions i've got to wear for the day!
So my question is what would be the best way to go about it? A soft bleach bath? Effassor and warm water? I only want to lift a shade or 2
Thanks!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

On our master colour course they recommended gently taking the colour out with bleach and WW just to get rid of the build up the. Recolour and it should be vibrant and shiney again x

Brill thankyou! Is this just at the backwash watching it constantly?

Yea just watch it by eye, you don't want to lift it to much or have it on to long because your hair may become porus and colour may fade

Ok, how long on average do you tend to need to leave it?

I don't do it often but I just keep gently emulsifying until it starts to lift I never walk away from it say about 10 mins

Yea just watch it by eye, you don't want to lift it to much or have it on to long because your hair may become porus and colour may fade

This made me laugh, watch it by eye.....

100%effasor with warm water. Amazing results, shinier than a bleach bath.

Latest posts

Back