best way to learn gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bel76

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wanting some advise on learning to do gel nails. I have been doing acrylics about 7 months now and am wanting to learn to do gel. I have been told that it easy to teach yourself once you have done acrylics. Of course i am aware that doing a course would probably be the best but i am a single mum and really cant afford it as i have already paid a fortune this your to do a beauty thereapy course. Would you advise learning yourself or should i be patient and try to save the money and do a course.

bel76 said:
Hi Guys

Just wanting some advise on learning to do gel nails. I have been doing acrylics about 7 months now and am wanting to learn to do gel. I have been told that it easy to teach yourself once you have done acrylics. Of course i am aware that doing a course would probably be the best but i am a single mum and really cant afford it as i have already paid a fortune this your to do a beauty thereapy course. Would you advise learning yourself or should i be patient and try to save the money and do a course.

the best advice i could give you pet is to learn the technique from a reputable company, anyone (as they say) can put nails on - but you need the background info for these systems. also - if yuo only been doing nails for 7 months, i would get to grips with the system you are learning with before you go on to the next one - i know you probs impatient and want to learn everything sooner rather than later, but it would really be in your best interest too. i was like you when i first started out, but believe me you will end up spending more than taking more as you will have so many probs - if you want to learn gels i suggest you get the proper training first chick at least then you know yourself that you been taught the proper way and not just off some instructions (in the boots or whatever kits that arnt that good anyway) then you can do gels and know you will rock

the best advice i could give you pet is to learn the technique from a reputable company, anyone (as they say) can put nails on - but you need the background info for these systems. also - if yuo only been doing nails for 7 months, i would get to grips with the system you are learning with before you go on to the next one - i know you probs impatient and want to learn everything sooner rather than later, but it would really be in your best interest too. i was like you when i first started out, but believe me you will end up spending more than taking more as you will have so many probs - if you want to learn gels i suggest you get the proper training first chick at least then you know yourself that you been taught the proper way and not just off some instructions (in the boots or whatever kits that arnt that good anyway) then you can do gels and know you will rock

I completly agree with training with a reputable company, but I learnt both at the same time (l+P and Gel) and i don't have any probs, it's up to you, if you think your ready go for it! but get the correct training!

Thanks guys. Pretty much guessed that but as i said im just a bit impatient.

being impatient where training is concerned??? it isn't worth being impatient babes.
the best way to learn about ANY system is to be trained by a reputable company in the correct way, it's better for you and also better for your clients.
decide which company you want to train with, ask them for a folio or prespectus of training/education and take it from there.

Latest posts

Back