Best way to prep lashes for pick-up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbsxo

Reaction score
Hi all

I qualified in lashes about 18 months ago and did quite a few sets but then broke my arm so done my first set today (practising on the niece :lol:) in over 12 months. I'd forgotten how fiddly they are to pick up!!!

I trained by picking them up from a silicon style pad but they lay flat, stand up, twist round etc - no consistency! I then tried dampening a cosmetic sponge and picked them up from there which worked a bit better but still not great.

I'd read on here about tech's sorting and sticking onto tape prior to appt and I did that with a few today mid-application and found it much easier but I guess if I did the full amount prior it would take a while.....so, just wondering what techniques anyone uses ...suggestions ideas VERY welcome as I realise this is likely to be the key to picking up speed.

Sorry for the long winded ness of the post :Scared:

Cheers in advance

Debbs x

Instead of buying lashes in pots/bags why don't you buy them in trays so you peel of the lashes on a strip that you need to use them you can pull them off with the tweezers as you need them. I think you would find it much easier and quicker!xx

Instead of buying lashes in pots/bags why don't you buy them in trays so you peel of the lashes on a strip that you need to use them you can pull them off with the tweezers as you need them. I think you would find it much easier and quicker!xx

That's my plan for the future but at the moment I have about 5 bags of differing sizes (came with the kit from college) and tbh I just don't want to waste them! Might be worth it in the long run though! Lol :rolleyes:

Hmm well they won't go to waste if you sell them. Then just use the money to buy trays...that's what I'd do lol xx

Now there's an idea! Lol. X

Latest posts

Back