Best Way To Remove Enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When removing acrylic i dont bother with foil , as i find im waiting 50mins to an hour !!!

I use a Acetone proof dish like this : The Edge Warm Water Soak Off Bowl Nails Art Manicure | eBay ,
i then put fairly warm to hot but not to hot water ! and then place the other dish at top of the water and clip the bowls together , then i pour acetone in the top dish and the water heats the aceton up for quicker removal
quickest ive had acrylic nails off is about 15-20 mins x

I do the exact same thing! The other techs I work with looked at me like I was a crazy person cuz I use that method. Oh well, I keep doing it

50mins to soak off? I use the CND L&P system and it doesn't take me that long to remove. I soak nails in acetone heated by warm water for 15mins, file off the gelly stuff, soak again for 10more mins and then it's all off.

I buff nail with a high grit buffer to smooth and then rub Solar Oil in. All this takes ma about 40mins.

The foil method is an excellent and economical way of removing nails if you just need to remove one or 2 as you can get on with your prep on the others, whereas if the clients whole hand is soaking there isn't a lot you can do but play the waiting Game.
The foil method also uses less acetone and is less harsh on the surrounding skin as it is concentrated only where you put it.
As long as you remove the majority of the bulk before wrapping there is no reason for the foil method to take an hour.
It takes me 10 mins, by the time I have finished wrapping the last nail I go back to the first and remove the softened product with my file and re wrap to get any last stubborn bits, and work methodically nail to nail. Use a hands down pad, or plastic backed pad saturated with acetone and go back to the first nail and scrub the residue off the nail.
Jen xx

Sorry posted that in the wrong place lol!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back