Best way to remove Gellux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labella

Reaction score
As the title says what is the quick & easiest way to remove it ??? Acetone or gellux remover???

I find the Gellux remover better than acetone. Buff off the top coat well and add a little heat to the hands makes it so much faster :) x

Do you wrap them or soak them??

I've been using soak off bowls with acetone & hot water under

I found the easy off base gel didn't last asking on clients??

There is lots of threads on this I love gellux but hate removing it to the point where i am considering selling it all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

As the title says what is the quick & easiest way to remove it ??? Acetone or gellux remover???

I stopped using gellux because of its removal. But I found acetone better with added heat. I used the foil method. I now use Signature by ASP. It is a little harder to apply but the colour is better and it removes well. Also try the gel remover tools for really stubborn polish. X

I also find how u aplly it makes a difference. Use fast bond v sparingly and thin layer of easy off base coat. It does make quite a difference. To remove do as others have said. File off top coat down to colour and wrap using gellux remover. I use thick hairdressing foil and small amounts if saturated cotton wool and a little warmth. Also dont leave in foils too long as the remover will evaperate and tee gel will reset hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone as I was thinking of swapping to a different one

I also got rid of mine because of the removal process. You need to try Shellac. It melts off.

I also got rid of mine because of the removal process. You need to try Shellac. It melts off.

Never used it, is it worth the money, and does it stay on? Xx

I usee shellac before gellux and still use shellac, I find they are both as good as each other at lasting I have a few who prefer gellux. But the removal of shellac is much easier x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Never used it, is it worth the money, and does it stay on? Xx

It's stays on alright. It's getting it off that's the problem. It's really hard work. No it's not worth the money. Honestly I was horrified at the removal process and would never do that to a client. I tried everything everyone recommended. I really did want to give it a chance but the removal did it in for me.

I'm tempted to swap to opi gel polish any thoughts on this ??? I love the gellux how it stays on!!

I always use the gellux remover and always buff top coat well until all shine has gone - wraps are definatly better and always leave for 20-30 mins ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378745608.264390.jpg
This is my sisters after using the gellux remover - it is much better than acetone as does not dry the nail bed as much - it takes time but it works fine for me hope this helps

Laura 🐶 x

I defianatly think its worth every penny I only have 1 client who ever chips it out of 12 😄

Laura 🐶 x

I always use acetone with wraps. I found it easier and faster. I only looked into acetone because the remover stings wherever it touches my own skin so was looking for an alternative and found that buffing nails well and acetone on pads inside foils wraps was the most efficient for me. Hth.x

The gellux remover wraps I might have to get some!!

I just used the gellux remover (which if you read the ingredients it is actually acetone it's just branded!) and I apply it with foil wraps for 20 mins after buffing the shine off then I remove the test with a cuticle tool or orange stick. I never have a problem at all xx

Latest posts

Back