Best Way to Take Down Length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyamoniq

Reaction score
What do you all find the best way to take down length when doing a fill. I have a client that always wants hers just as short as possible, the tiniest bit of free edge. But I find that if I use tip cutters, the product can crack. I'd hate to spend the time filing that down everytime. I feel I already take way too long to do a set as it is. What do you all do?

i file down...i always thought cutting led to stress which in turn led to cracking and lifting but i could easily be wrong! :D
i take down the length at every maintenance appointment (2 weeks) so there isn't ever too much to file

I use an abrasive.

It doesn't take long to file down 2-3 weeks growth. But, you can always teach your client to do a little home maintenance every week to help keep the length under control so you do not have it all to do at the maintenance appointment. If she likes them so short, you would think she would like to do this for herself?

Latest posts

Back