Better extraction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Hi
Can anyone help with an extraction issue. My nail desk has an extractor but it really doesn't seem that good. I would like to have some proper extraction installed but havn't got a clue where to look. I have no opening windows, and its too cold most of the year to have the door open. I'm using brisa gel at the moment so theres no odour problem but I am thinking about doing an acrylic course soon and would like something in place for when I start using acrylic in my very small and airless salon.Any suggestions.
Also can anyone help me choose between retention+ and easy flow acrylics which were recommended to me by another tech. Many Thanks

dids said:
Hi
Can anyone help with an extraction issue. My nail desk has an extractor but it really doesn't seem that good. I would like to have some proper extraction installed but havn't got a clue where to look. I have no opening windows, and its too cold most of the year to have the door open. I'm using brisa gel at the moment so theres no odour problem but I am thinking about doing an acrylic course soon and would like something in place for when I start using acrylic in my very small and airless salon.Any suggestions.
Also can anyone help me choose between retention+ and easy flow acrylics which were recommended to me by another tech. Many Thanks

Firstly, if you work on your own and take all the precautions recommended on this site and during your Creative training (metal pedal bins, etc., etc.,) you may not need extraction ventilation, however if two or more of you are working together with l&p I would recommend extraction ventilation, a system whereby the air in the salon is extracted out through the ceiling or wall via a fan and ducting system. This can be expensive to install, but if you know soemone who is handy at this type of thing it can be installed for a couple of hundred pounds and is well worth it for your own peace of mind. If you are looking for quotes try Ventilation Engineers or Air Conditioning Engineers in Yellow Pages. HTH Fiona

If you have a Handy Andy at home then RS Screwfix ae really good for bits like this.

thanks for your advice, my hubby,s a bricky so i'm sure he could manage this.

Latest posts

Back