Beverly Beaute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilemaisie

Reaction score
Advice please - does anyone buy from Beverley Beaute?
Thank you

I have before and it was fake gelish :( don't know about other products x

The company you refer to is not the authorised distributor for many of the professional products it sells.

Not only do you risk being unsure if you are acquiring the real thing, but you could also be on the receiving end of a hefty bill for import duty.

That aside, you also won't have any back-up should you require assistance of specific product knowledge.

Thanks you just found another thread with negative feedback. Will stick with nail harmony.

Hey,
I've bought off Beverly beaute a couple of times. I've bought a variety of things
and I have never had any problems they offer a great service and they always seem to arrive quickly

I commented on my hairdressers nails today, looked lovely. She said she was doing her own nails after buying her a UV lamp and Gelish from Amazon. Is this real Gelish.?? How come??

I've bought geleration from Beverley Beaute a few times, no problems what so ever, they're are authorised distributors just not in the uk, all brands of gel polish are easily available to buy in the USA and before any comes out with tripe about US products are different, no they are not, the majority of gel polish brands are imported from the US because they're exactly the same products but with a UK price tag

I'm so glad I read this thread.... Just starting g up with gelish and I was going to but all the kit from Beverley Beaute any recommendations on best supplier for genuine products and cost?! TIA X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would all this work with regards to insurance i wonder though?

I get all my Gelish products through nail harmony, it's easy to register with them on their website or by phone x

I do not know of a manufacturer that actually sells to Beverly Beaute so I can't even vouch you're buying real products (neither can the manufacturer). With the recent counterfeits that have popped up that look exactly like the real deal... Who is to say that is not what you're buying if you are not getting it from an authorised source?

Furthermore, the test purchases I have personally done from them were illegally shipped and declared. If HMRC find out you received an underdeclared customs invoice, they will come after YOU (not them) for VAT avoidance with a helping of fines and/or prison time.

I never understand why people support companies that do not support them or their industry. BB does not invest into education, PR, marketing or support. Hell, they don't even support the law! They are parasites that feed off you OR your customers (they aren't picky).

Personally disgusts me that "professionals" sell themselves and their industry out like that.

I have bought from them and I've been happy with what I bought. I buy OPI Gelcolor though, not Gelish.

I have bought from them and I've been happy with what I bought. I buy OPI Gelcolor though, not Gelish.

1. Would you be ok for your customers to do the same?
  2. Was it packaged correctly for international hazardous good or just via first class post?
  3. Did you pay HMRC before the would release the products?
  4. How do you know it is OPI?

I do not know of a manufacturer that actually sells to Beverly Beaute so I can't even vouch you're buying real products (neither can the manufacturer). With the recent counterfeits that have popped up that look exactly like the real deal... Who is to say that is not what you're buying if you are not getting it from an authorised source?

Furthermore, the test purchases I have personally done from them were illegally shipped and declared. If HMRC find out you received an underdeclared customs invoice, they will come after YOU (not them) for VAT avoidance with a helping of fines and/or prison time.

I never understand why people support companies that do not support them or their industry. BB does not invest into education, PR, marketing or support. Hell, they don't even support the law! They are parasites that feed off you OR your customers (they aren't picky).

Personally disgusts me that "professionals" sell themselves and their industry out like that.

Sorry maybe it's because I'm from Canada but I don't understand why this company should have anything to do with education or marketing?

Most Canadian distributers have nothing to do with education and aren't brand specific. They are like Wal-Mart, as in they are just there to stock the stuff we want to buy. We have private schools for learning to do nails and they may use a specific brand or let you pick your own. Then after that you find your own supplies elsewhere.

Sorry maybe it's because I'm from Canada but I don't understand why this company should have anything to do with education or marketing?

In the realm of our industry, Canada is largely similar to the US where the manufacturers do all of the advertising, education, PR and brand building. Internationally, manufacturers do little (if any of this). The importer generally is responsible. So many of these issues are not applicable to US or Canada apart from a 2 important ones: They happily sell to anyone and many (if not all) manufacturers do not actually sell to them (which begs the question... where do they get product from?).

HTHs

In the realm of our industry, Canada is largely similar to the US where the manufacturers do all of the advertising, education, PR and brand building. Internationally, manufacturers do little (if any of this). The importer generally is responsible. So many of these issues are not applicable to US or Canada apart from a 2 important ones: They happily sell to anyone and many (if not all) manufacturers do not actually sell to them (which begs the question... where do they get product from?).

HTHs

Sorry still confused, though maybe we are saying the same thing. Because if I do a search say for Harmony Canada it takes you to Gelish.com, a US site, and they just offer you salons, not a place for professional purchasing. If I go to CND.com once again it's a US site so it tries to send you elsewhere when dealing with purchases. Canada and the US have COMPLETELY different regulations and sales operations when it comes to nail professionals. And then again Canada and the UK also seem like complete night and day as well.

Yea. In the US and Canada, the advertising, education and brand building are less of an issue as the manufacturers do that.

Outside of US and Canada, the costs associated with these are generally borne by the distributor.

Latest posts

Back