Big deliberate roots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneyed gal

Reaction score
Hi geeks, need some advice on a photo shoot that's coming up soon.
The photographer wants a look of grown out bleached roots, about 1 inch, the model has virgin hair, around shoulder length,
Am I best applying barrier cream to the roots, then bleaching mid-lengths and ends, or is there another way?
I don't want to bleach all over, then apply tint to the roots, as I'm not getting paid for this work, and I'm bringing my own products,
All help is welcome xxx

whats base? think your idea is spot on however dont think youd have to use barrier cream. could u not just start at nape of neck and work your way up?

sorry just thinking out loud

Hi thanks for the reply, he's a cool base 6, was thinking of doing it completely 'freehand', but because it's a shoot don't want to mess anything up!! So wanna play it safe! 😊 Do you think barrier cream will be strong enough? xxx

why dont you use a clear semi instead of barrier cream? just thinking maybe easier to blend with the bleach that way. you may find you get a definite line between bleach and where you've placed the barrier cream x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

think free hand would be fine, in fact how long is his hair?

you could apply barrier cream like tint with brush, do a strand test on (dosnt need to be his hair) to see if barrier cream would work.

i would apply free hand. like using the dip-dye'd technique...
this way you get a more natural look rather than looking like he has had it done purposely...

start at the mid lengths, and paint the colour down the hair to the ends, making sure you leave the root area, id leave a little more than an inch, to define the root area more!

good luck:p

Thanks for all the advice girls, think I will do it free hand, was thinking about using a spatula!!
Do Sally's still sell them?? xxx

Latest posts

Back