Big pamper night, any suggestions for best way to run it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Evening geeks, hope you're all well :)
I have pamper night booked on Tuesday night for a youth group of ten 15-18 year olds.
I gave the group leader a few different options and they chose to have 1 mini treatment each and a group make up lesson.
The treatments that are confirmed are,
3 mini facials
1 Eyebrow shape
2 shape and polishes
And 4 still need to confirm what they're having

Obviously with 10 girls to get through and do a group make up lesson I'm going to be extremely busy and having someone come to help me isn't an option.

Any suggestions on what way you would run it? I'm starting at 6pm, probably won't be finished til 10..

I was thinking of doing the make up lesson first, I'm going to give them all face charts and paper to make notes and get 1 of them to model and I'll show them a daytime look and a party look, then start the treatments.

What would you do to keep them entertained while the treatments are carried out?

This was only booked yesterday which is why I sound completely disorganised, I've done pamper parties but always at someone's home and which a maximum of 6 people have been at.
I really want the girls to enjoy it and don't want them sitting about bored, any suggestions would be much appreciated x

Hi - how about letting them try the make-up techniques that you have just shown them on each other whilst you carry out the treatments? Also, you could have face packs for them to use, foot soaks, nail polishes so they can paint their own nails etc.??

Hi - how about letting them try the make-up techniques that you have just shown them on each other whilst you carry out the treatments? Also, you could have face packs for them to use, foot soaks, nail polishes so they can paint their own nails etc.??

I did think about letting them do the make up on each other, but I don't like the idea of letting them play in my very expensive make up kit unsupervised..

Face packs are an idea, though its in a youth centre so I'm not sure what the facilities are like though I'd assume there would be plenty of chairs.

If I had of had more time I would of gotten samples for them to keep them occupied lol
I just really want everyone to enjoy it so I need to be super organised, why did I say yes to so many people lol?

Thanks for you reply x

If you started off with a makeup lesson, could you then split them into two groups? 5 in each? And whilst one group is having their treatments you could have the other group creating a face chart? Have them design in as creatively or natural as they want. Then the other girls in the 'treatment' group could be watching the girl having the treatment whilst relaxing with a foot soak or something. But make it where they are all interacting at the same time also. So even though they are in 'two' groups they are still all together?

That way you can split the groups by treatments. Like facials and the eyebrow shape together. And the shape and polishes together. If you know what i mean. Hope it doesn't sound to confusing me trying to explain it haha.

The good thing about their ages, is they will always have something to talk about. So they shouldn't be bored with watching you and talking about different beauty things etc. You could make leaflet with beauty facts and tips/tricks to hand out to them.

If you started off with a makeup lesson, could you then split them into two groups? 5 in each? And whilst one group is having their treatments you could have the other group creating a face chart? Have them design in as creatively or natural as they want. Then the other girls in the 'treatment' group could be watching the girl having the treatment whilst relaxing with a foot soak or something. But make it where they are all interacting at the same time also. So even though they are in 'two' groups they are still all together?

That way you can split the groups by treatments. Like facials and the eyebrow shape together. And the shape and polishes together. If you know what i mean. Hope it doesn't sound to confusing me trying to explain it haha.

The good thing about their ages, is they will always have something to talk about. So they shouldn't be bored with watching you and talking about different beauty things etc. You could make leaflet with beauty facts and tips/tricks to hand out to them.

Oh Jem this is great thank you! Such a good idea splitting them into groups :)
Love the tips and tricks leaflet idea too!

For the foot soak idea I'd need 5 foot baths and I only have 1, would be a lot of time to spend emptying it and cleaning it then refilling it... Maybe face masks for all of them while they observe me doing treatments?

Thanks for your reply :) x

In that case, yeah face masks would be great too :) Glad the idea helped!

Get them doing a bit of research on the computers too....Who is their beauty icon? What are the newest trends in make up? whose brows do they love and why? Whose nails do they love and why? They can print out pictures and explain them to the rest of the group. I've done a few of these and they can be a really fun night. I've learnt a lot from them too. Good luck!
J
x

Get them doing a bit of research on the computers too....Who is their beauty icon? What are the newest trends in make up? whose brows do they love and why? Whose nails do they love and why? They can print out pictures and explain them to the rest of the group. I've done a few of these and they can be a really fun night. I've learnt a lot from them too. Good luck!
J
x[/QUOTE
A
Great idea but I doubt they will have any computers to print from, maybe one in an office but not sure if there will be access to it... It's quite a disadvantaged area. Great idea if they do have access to a printer though! As I'm sure they'll all have smartphones! X

Or magazines? They could tear out some pages of their fav outfits etc? Or if you have some oldish magazines laying around, you could bring them with you and have them go through them. Ask friends and family if they have any old beauty/style mags that they were going to throw out. And bring all of them. Doesn't matter if they aren't 'this season'. They can still pick things they like and share etc. :) It could even be a good idea to pick things that don't go well together.

Well I've got sheets with beauty tips made out for them, face charts to fill out and the youth leader has got nibbles and face packs for them and they're going to be planning an upcoming event so I don't need to keep the rest of the girls occupied while I'm doing treatments anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions, will let you all know how it goes x

Brilliant :) Hope you all have a great time!

Well last night went so well! 😃 Ended up doing two facials, which were thoroughly enjoyed, an eyebrow shape and 6 shape and polishes.

The make up lesson was great fun though there was a time at the start where all the girls were very quiet and not wanting to answer any questions. I just kept talking though and eventually they all came out of their shells and we had a great night!

They all had face masks on and the youth leaders had bought lots of pizzas, juice, etc and I actually came home with 2 whole pizzas lol!

Really great night and fab profit, would love to do it again! x

Yay, glad it went so well :)

Latest posts

Back