Billion Dollar vs HD Brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephib

Reaction score
Who uses either of these brands in their salon? Positives/negatives? Client opinions?

I'm looking into training courses and can't decide which one to do!!

Im not trained in the brows but i have had both done and i much prefer billion dollar brows, i would Love to get trained in them cant really afford it though,

These are my billion dollar brows

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its not letting me send pic for some reason

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

emaju8y3.jpg

I am looking into training too. Price wise Billion dollar brows works for me. But question is could really this be the case when cheaper is better? As HD is asking massive amount for training. Decision time...

If you do a search there are lots of threads comparing the two. I love HD, I will always say HD is better, I hate the idea of the brow buddy it's just not very classy in my opinion but that is just me, lots of people love it. Also HD training is VAT free this month so when you include the kit you get it doesn't work out much more in the long run. X

I can't comment on HD but I've trained with BDB and here's my 2p's worth.

Pros
The training was good, the price of the training was reasonable, the products are really great, the brow buddy makes it easy to get a good shape and I felt a lot more confident after the training. I absolutely love the products I really do and I don't regret training with them. However...

Cons
The company that run the training are a bit rubbish after you've trained. Trying to get hold of them is difficult and you have to order products over the phone, if you can get through. They tell you you'll get loads of support afterwards but I haven't really found this to be the case so far.

Thanks for the advice! They don't seem the most responsive, I've been trying to get in touch with them about the training!! But then it is more affordable than HD brows! Do you find the products retail well? Also do you already need to have a waxing and tinting qualification before you do it as it doesn't specify this? Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! They don't seem the most responsive, I've been trying to get in touch with them about the training!! But then it is more affordable than HD brows! Do you find the products retail well? Also do you already need to have a waxing and tinting qualification before you do it as it doesn't specify this? Thanks!

I believe you'll need a waxing qual for your insurance but a girl on my course did this after her training. I work on a very small scale right now so haven't retailed anything yet. I reckon the brow boost will be a good seller.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe you'll need a waxing qual for your insurance but a girl on my course did this after her training. I work on a very small scale right now so haven't retailed anything yet. I reckon the brow boost will be a good seller.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thanks, hopefully I can get in touch with them to confirm then! As I am booking my waxing training too but the dates for this are after I'd like to do the brows!

Also it worries me that a company are so unresponsive before I've even trained with them...this is the point when I am trying to give over my money! Having another think about HD brows....

Personally, HD brows are miles ahead. If you were to do a quick google and look at the differences, I'm sure that would make your mind up. Just speaking from personal experience.

I too have been thinking about which company to train with for brows and I really love the sound of billion dollar brows. I have enquired about it and yes you do need "experience" in waxing and tinting. Not necessarily a qualification but you need to know how to do it. I think the products and results look great and I have read so much about the brow boost being amazing! I personally don't like the look of HD Brows as I don't think they look natural enough and I think 90% of the time they all look too similar. The thing I love about BDB is that every Brow is designed to fit the clients face!

PS. I spoke to Howard (the main guy at BDB) and he said they are bringing out waxing/tinting courses this Autumn xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

I too have been thinking about which company to train with for brows and I really love the sound of billion dollar brows. I have enquired about it and yes you do need "experience" in waxing and tinting. Not necessarily a qualification but you need to know how to do it. I think the products and results look great and I have read so much about the brow boost being amazing! I personally don't like the look of HD Brows as I don't think they look natural enough and I think 90% of the time they all look too similar. The thing I love about BDB is that every Brow is designed to fit the clients face!

PS. I spoke to Howard (the main guy at BDB) and he said they are bringing out waxing/tinting courses this Autumn xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

HD Brows are designed around each client too x

Latest posts

Back