Bio Oil Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovingyournails

Reaction score
Hi there

Have you ever come across someone having a reaction to Bio Oil - I've had a small op on my jaw line and my consultant suggested I massage a little Bio Oil into the scar a couple of times a day, however, my cheeks have subsequently felt really hot and maybe a little dry, and my neck is def. itchy!!!?

I may have massaged the excess off my hands onto my neck a couple of times but since feeling a little itchy have stopped.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else had ever heard of this or could suggest an alternative... Solar oil perhaps?

Vicki:hug:

Hi some of the ingredients of Bio oil:

Paraffinum Liquidum In other words 'mineral oil'
Parfum Irritating to skin and eyes
Hydroxycitronellal Can be an irritant if over 5%
Limonene Can be an irritant when high concentrations are used
Linalool Can cause allergies
CI 26100 Red colourant

You would maybe be better trying to get something more organic as it seems your skin is sensitive to some/ all of these ingredients.

Maybe something like this: Holland and Barrett - Organic Vitamin E Scar & Stretch Mark Serum

If you have an Environ salon near year I would recommend AVST Body Oil - fantastic for wounds/scars etc.

Vic

Oh mate I had no idea! Have u taken an antihystamine? u want me to bring some later?

I would def say the itchy neck is an alergic reaction, even if its only a little!

Never heard of it before! Whilst I remember, I knew a girl that went to the gp re a scar on her eyebrow, they gave her some normally very expensive (£60 per tube) cream and it did wonders! u have to lay it on thick though x x

i mean never heard of anyone having a reaction to bio oil! x

Latest posts

Back