bio prep???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach.rua

Reaction score
could some of you who use Bio tell me what order you prep in and which steps you do please, just lookin through some threads and prep doesn't seem to involve the vitamin dose or executive base, don't i need these?

Thanks xx

I did my bio training yesterday and both of these are optional.

I would only use them if the client needed them.

Althoug acording to my trainer Vitamin dose is good for most people even before enhancements but exec base makes removals easier but dont put on dry or faky nails.

HTH

Yep, both of them are optional.

Executive base sometimes make the gel lift.
Vitamin does - I dont know much about, never used it.

Obviously some companies would recommend everything, so we can buy them!

i guess. didn't know that about the base! so what order would you use the products in? i just finished my training the other day and i will be expected to know exactly what im doing in the salon very soon, my course was rushed and i just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing! any tips or advice??
Thank you!!

Hope no one minds but i just want to bring this back up again.

I would like to know step by step what way you do your prep for Bio. tHE WAY I WAS TAUGHT IS NOT THE WAY THEY DO IT IN THE SALON, THERE SEEMS TO BE MORE BUffing (oops, sorry bout that but i couldn't be bothered writing it all again :)) I'd really like if someone could tell me the best way to prep.

Thanks for any info.

Rach. x

Hi Rach

The prep methods for Bio have changed somewhat over time, and indeed have changed again reasonably lately. Not that the old methods are wrong, they just introduce new options and take into account the introduction of new products. That could also explain why colleagues prep differently to you. Likewise, the methods are very personal and each tech develops what works best for them....I don't prep exactly the way I was trained but I'm sticking with what I do as it works best for me.

Firstly, let me say, Bio works best with Bio prep products. I am also Creative trained and do believe the actual prep products themselves from Creative to be superior, but they don't work aswell under Bio for some reason, so having tried them, I'm back to Bio with Bio so to speak.

So my prep is

1/ Myself and client wash with anti-bacterial hand cleanser, dry and then do a good spray including under the nails with your Anti-fungal, make sure hands dry.

2/ Remove polish if applied (I usually cleanse with polish remover if new client anyway, even if no polish, just to remove any old polish residue)

3/ Cuticle remover on all nails on one hand, remove cuticle with metal pushie (I use a scoop shaped one) and repeat other hand. Final clean up with Cuti-stone (always with Cuticle remover or conditioner, or even water as it scratches without)

4/ Cleanse nails with sanitiser to remove lifted cuticle and cuticle products.

5/ Shape, inc under FE with Cutistone again....helps remove those little stubborn burrs

6/ Sanitise all nails throughly and let dry.

7/ Apply Vitamin dose - this is a gorgeous product, only started using it recently but am totally sold on it. Let dry for a min or 2. Apply thin patch in centre nail of Exec base, if I'm using. Let dry thoroughly. (Gel on not dry exec base = not good...and often the cause of liftng I believe, but I don't get any lifting ever if its thoroughly dry)

8/ Very gentle buff across the nail surface and/or Exec base to remove any smooth patches. Often don't do this if not using Exec base and no shiny patches as Bio clings to the natural nail very well.

9/ Dust nails to remove any filing, nail dust and buffed exec base and proceed with application.

As I say, this is personal, but works for me...the method in the manual works well too, but takes me longer (time is money) and of course, each time can differ as the does the clients nails!

So I'd say have a play - find what works for you, taking into account your hygiene of course. No way am I holding someones hands for an hour and half without thoroughly cleansing them very first thing and likewise you need to ensure your prep is thorough. But don't panic about methods...like I say, what works for you!

Hi Lyndsay

which client would you or wouldnt you use exec base on?

Depends on a number of factors.

Definitely wouldn't use on dry brittle nails....I know Bio give that info now, but when I first trained they said just use it on everyone and I found out the hard way it didn't suit those nail types! It only seems to make them more brittle and prone to flaking. Those I would sell a bottle of oil to!

I would definitely use on a client that came to me for a set of nails for a special occasion and was honest enough to admit she wasn't going to keep them. It makes soak off easier, (and does less damage if she picks them off - although I don't advocate that of course) and generally leaves the nails in fab condition, meaning she'd hopefully come back again. I always recommend they come to me for removal - but they don't always listen!

And some clients you just find out that it does them no good, and possibly decreases the life on the enhancment. I haven't really found (since I learnt to let it dry fully!) that it makes the enhancement prone to lifting initially at all, but I have suffered some FE seperation occasionally on clients that have had it applied originally and then had the nails filled in to the point where the original Exec Base is at the free edge if you know what I mean.

You just kind of get a feel for when to use and when not, usually at the point of consultation.

I have steered clear of using it so far as there seems to be more cases where you wouldnt use it than you would.

Will probably try it on myself first, but I dont think I am keeping mine on long enough before I change my mind on what I want on and then soak off.

I have clear with glitter tips at the minute and I think I might change them to red with glitter tips next time.

As you can probably tell - I love glitter (because I am not arty enough for nail art type stuff).

If you are soaking off regularly then you would be a perfect case FOR Exec Base. I always use it on myself - 'cause I hate filing my own nails down to infill and always soak off. My natural nails are lovely and strong and I know it helps them.

I was a bit scared of it at first and when i read on here that a lot of folks don't use it, I pretty much stopped, but then I started trying it out occasionally and got a lot more confident at choosing when to use it, as it really does help the health and strength of the natural nail.

Try leaving your overlays off for a couple of days next time, and apply a layer or two of Exec Base to the whole nail, for those 2 days - see the difference it makes.

Latest posts

Back