Bio Sculpture assessment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_r

Reaction score
I have my assessment coming
Up but I still feel like I'm not confident or
Used to the prouducts! Has anyone had their assessment recently and if
So how was it ? I really don't
Want to fail !' I've been feeling like I haven't had the time to practice much and that I'm rubbish at this . I don't want to look silly on the assement and not be condfident!!! Please help me !

Can you rearrange your assessment day?

You need to practise, practise, practise. Until the routine just becomes natural. Most of us are all fingers and thumbs in the beginning. I had my assessment just over 2 years ago but I did everyones nails before (well friends & family) as they ask for a variety. It isn't something you'l get good at without putting the time in.

Good luck xx

I have just emailed them to see if I can change the dates . Do you know if there's a time scale to do the assessment in? I just feel like I'm rubbish at this and i don't know the steps for it . I only did the training end of feb so maybe I'm rushing things I don't know
Thanks for your reply :)

There is a time frame, but think its around 3- 6 months I cant remember. Aww no wonder you've not mastered it in a couple of weeks... I trained in early August & took my exam in November.

If you drive, its like driving at 1st you have to think about everything, then eventually it becomes 2nd nature.

Xx

I postponed my assesment twice, they dont mind at all aslong as you do it eventually, I did mine nearly a yr after my course. The first time they changed the date for free and the second time I paid £40 but you can still buy all the profucts so I would postpone till you're happier. Something I found though is I bought everything off the list of products needed even though I didnt use half of them because bio said I had to have them and I memorised everything down to how many sprays of anti fungal needed, and the assesor just sat at the front of the room marking our exam papers nd didnt even look up at us except to ask a few questions from our papers. I could have got away with missing out most of the steps and not buying the products. In the end I wasnt happy with my sculptures as I hadnt practiced them at all and I would never do them on a paying client but I passed. I was really surprised and to be honest I thought they were too leniant especially as another girl was buffing the dear life out of her models nail until she actually compained of the pain and another turned up late with no uniform etc x

Thank you all for the advice !! It's really helped me :) I've decided to postpone this and really concentrate on practicing more , it will be my luck the trainer I'd strict and I will fail do if rather wait until I'm confident , I don't mind paying 40.00 if jm going to feel more confident :) I'm in desperate need of perfecting my French as I'm rubbish !! X

Aside from your friends and family, do you know any other bio techs local to you who could help out, watch what you are doing, give you some advice?

Yes advice off others really helped, if you no someone you can watch or even get your own nails done xx

Well I work in a spa and there's one girl who's been trained a few years and she's really good but she's always busy !! So it's been really hard finding time to practice but we are planning on sitting down and talking through each step and each product and hopefully that will help , but I just won't book the assessment until I'm ready I guess . But eventually my work will start to nag me as they want me doing it on clients ASAP!! Which that pressure doesn't help lol x

Latest posts

Back