Bio Sculpture cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendynailedit

Reaction score
Hi all. I don't use hard gel but a friend has messaged me to say that her friend has had bio sculpture gel nails and after 4 days they are all cracked (like crackle glaze!) and her nails are sore from filing. Could anyone tell me what would have caused the cracking please? (For some reason I can no longer post pictures!) Thank you :) x

It could just be the varnish topcoat that needs removing & reapplying. As always it will be in everyones best interest if this friend goes and reports this to her nail tech and let her try & resolve the issue.

Xx

Bio Sculpture is not a hard gel and I can't think why her fingers would be sore from filing - we file the free edge of the nail to shape it and file onto the gel (not the nailplate) before removing it.

I agree with Steph and suggest your friend returns to the tek who did her nails.

I agree with Steph and Jacqueline, she will be best to speak to her nail tech, as it sounds to me like it's just the varnish topcoat. The varnish isn't as flexible as the gel, therefore after a few days it will wear and give a crackle effect. If varnish is removed and reapplied, they will look as good as new. I'm not sure why her nails would be sore though, Bio is a really gentle system.

Thanks everyone...I'll let her know. X

Latest posts

Back