Bio Sculpture French problem - please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thank you x

I just want to
a) get it absolutely right for my clients.
and
b) do well in the official assessment.

b is looking dodgy as I have so much different variation on the prep and application techniques. My assessment will not be until the new year as I still have the sculpture training day to do in Jan. x

I was also taught to put vit dose directly on to the centre if the nail, top to bottom with the brush provided.

Also dual cleanse before vit dose, & exc base once its dry (buff if that is what you were taught-I wasnt) then on with your overlay.

I use high gloss topcoat varnish, rather than UV gel at the end... Again just preference, (& its cheaper, less bulky nails, you can also retail the topcoat varnish) I tend to finish with S gel or if clients nails are weak flexi. Some techs do finish with only UV so you need to have a good play about & see what works well for you.

Xx

I use high gloss topcoat varnish, rather than UV gel at the end... Again just preference, (& its cheaper, less bulky nails, you can also retail the topcoat varnish) I tend to finish with S gel or if clients nails are weak flexi. Some techs do finish with only UV so you need to have a good play about & see what works well for you.

Xx

Good points there re final coat - do you find that the shine disappears off too quickly if the uv topcoat is used alone? So if they buy the top coat they can replenish it themselves at home?, which gives the client a better, shinier look for longer then? Top coat polish doesn't cost a lot for the client to buy does it? Sorry I am asking you so many questions!!! x

No its not expensive, UV is shiny, the topcoat just gives a little extra protection, every few days the client needs to remove the topcoat & re apply the varnish. (With a non acetone remover or better still bio varnish remover or dual cleanse) personally again really is peoples preference I will use sculpting gel, 2x col, finish with sgel or flexi, dual cleanse & apply the blue high gloss topcoat. Allow to dry then cuticle oil. Xx

I really, really think you should contact Bio Sculpture with regard to your recent training. if this is the case then in my humble opinion the trainer is not doing Bio Sculpture or it's techs any favours.

To my mind your training is very old fashioned - I trained in this way over 10 years ago. I undertake refresher training regularly and keep up to date and current methods DO NOT buff or file the natural nail plate unless there's loose flaking or peeling which needs to be removed and then we only use the grey sponge buffer very gently. Only the free edge is filed.

I always use vitamin dose and exec base - I never get lifting and the overlay stays put until it is removed no matter how many weeks its on. I get loads of clients who come to me through word of mouth recommendation because they have been to other Bio techs and experience lifting issues.

It's too easy to blame the products.

Vitamin dose is an award winning product used to keep the natural nails in great condition.

Exec base is there to aid quick soak off - we can't omit using it and then complain about soak off taking ages and nails being dehydrated - which is what I see as a regular complaint on this forum.

Complete and thorough cuticle removal is essential also - see Fingernailfixers excellent tutorial on YouTube.

The thing you MUST do is ensure that vitamin dose and exec base are totally DRY before applying your gel. This is why you get lifting - moisture underneath the gel. To test this use gently press a nail wipe on the exec base (which is applied in a squarish shape in the centre of the nail plate with a good margin i.e. not close to the skin) If the exec base is tacky then it's not dry.

UV gel is really a replacement to be used in place of top coat nail polish. It is not a builder gel.

Just my two penneths worth but I hope this is helpful in some way x

I really, really think you should contact Bio Sculpture with regard to your recent training. if this is the case then in my humble opinion the trainer is not doing Bio Sculpture or it's techs any favours.

To my mind your training is very old fashioned - I trained in this way over 10 years ago. I undertake refresher training regularly and keep up to date and current methods DO NOT buff or file the natural nail plate unless there's loose flaking or peeling which needs to be removed and then we only use the grey sponge buffer very gently. Only the free edge is filed.

I always use vitamin dose and exec base - I never get lifting and the overlay stays put until it is removed no matter how many weeks its on. I get loads of clients who come to me through word of mouth recommendation because they have been to other Bio techs and experience lifting issues.

It's too easy to blame the products.

Vitamin dose is an award winning product used to keep the natural nails in great condition.

Exec base is there to aid quick soak off - we can't omit using it and then complain about soak off taking ages and nails being dehydrated - which is what I see as a regular complaint on this forum.

Complete and thorough cuticle removal is essential also - see Fingernailfixers excellent tutorial on YouTube.

The thing you MUST do is ensure that vitamin dose and exec base are totally DRY before applying your gel. This is why you get lifting - moisture underneath the gel. To test this use gently press a nail wipe on the exec base (which is applied in a squarish shape in the centre of the nail plate with a good margin i.e. not close to the skin) If the exec base is tacky then it's not dry.

UV gel is really a replacement to be used in place of top coat nail polish. It is not a builder gel.

Just my two penneths worth but I hope this is helpful in some way x

I totally agree withall that you said Sillybilly.
You only need to buff natural nail if flaking or peeling nail to smooth surface and only with grey buffer. Other than that theres no need to buff the natural nail for overlays. x

Latest posts

Back