Bio Sculpture gel on weak nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purebeauty2785

Reaction score
Hi, iv recently done my bio sculpture gel overlay training.
I was told that a client that has damaged weak nails, to apply sculpture gel as a base. Although my ladies have been experiencing breakages still.
Does any one have any advice on this?

Thank you

You can apply sculpture gel as a base but sometimes it just wont be enough.

Where do the nails break? At the free edge? I would recommend applying a layer of clear gel then lay silk over the breakage area. Sometimes if the nails need it I then apply sculpture gel over that. Proceed to cure and apply your colour.
I guarantee you wont have any problems.

one of my clients has very weak thin nails in bad condition and i use clear on her as base and sealer or clear as top xx

one of my clients has very weak thin nails in bad condition and i use clear on her as base and sealer or clear as top xx

I do exactly the same. When I first trained in hard gel, I over filed my nails and they were in a dreadful state. I used clear and sealer gel and didn't experience any lifting. xx

These ladies are old liquid and powder clients, some are hard gel.
I have applied
Sculpture gel as base, sometimes if there's a split il use a silk wrap with clear, then sculpture gel on top.
Colour x2 layers
Then sealer gel as top
I lightly buff then apply uv top coat.

If I applie 2 layers of sculpture gel as base, would this help? X

I was taught that with very flexible nails, to go with flexible gels x

That's what I was taught, but not great for damaged nails, I was taught to use a sculpture gel only as a base, to help adhesion, and strength x

i think sometimes the rules dont apply and you just have to try something else. Flexi gel doesnt work for any of my clients and sgel was taking so long so soak off so ive had to try the other gels. Clear is my go to gel for most clients as it seems to work on everyone> i was sceptical at first using it as a top coat but ill admit i was wrong x

I used to always use sculpture, but clear works much better for me too. I agree with souz, rules don't always apply. The beauty of bio is you can mix and match the different bases and finishing gels so it works for each client x

I use clear, colour, clear and if someone is tough on their hands I use uv gel. I learnt that you could use clear as a finishing layer from Souz. I think Bio is great that you can mix gels, you also save money buy not using a finishing gel, eg, flexi and s gel.

I use clear colour colour clear on All my clients x

Thank you all, this has been very helpful x

Latest posts

Back