Bio Sculpture lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini4mum

Reaction score
I have a bio Sculpture lamp, with a two minute timer. I am sure it's out put USIA 36 watts as that's what I am sure I trained with years ago - (the lamp is only a few years old). It has two bulbs - any current bio girls able to advise me? Thx

Should have said is a two bulb lamp - that I am sure is a 36 watt? Can anybody advise me?

My biosculpture lamp is a 9watt, its slim and white with a removable bottom and a 2 minute timer

The Bio lamp still has two bulbs and they are 9 watts each.

I have 6 of these lamps now in my storage cupboard as I switched to the CND lamps which contain 4x9 watt bulbs.

The Bio lamp still has two bulbs and they are 9 watts each.

I have 6 of these lamps now in my storage cupboard as I switched to the CND lamps which contain 4x9 watt bulbs.

And what a diffference the Shellac lamps have made! Not 2 but 4 bulbs and clients' hands are so much closer to the bulbs than in the bio lamps. You do not have to cure thumbs separately either (well, I dont)!

And what a diffference the Shellac lamps have made! Not 2 but 4 bulbs and clients' hands are so much closer to the bulbs than in the bio lamps. You do not have to cure thumbs separately either (well, I dont)!

Me neither! Also, the lamp switches itself off after two minutes; it has a nice fan; it is sturdier; and is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

I am qualified in gel but not shellac yet and wanting to sqitch to bio just wondered do you used the same lamp for both and if so which one and is the essential nails lamp ok for both

The CND lamp is a 5-finger-cure lamp but don't take it for granted that clients will position themselves in the lamp correctly .... Remember to advise them to keep the hand flat and place where they can feel the Braille bumps with the tips of their fingers.

Louise, definitely the CND lamp it's far superior to the Bio Lamp & it's a five finger cure, with four bulbs & a cooling fan.

Im a CND lamp lover too. Cant wait to put my Bio lamp in the cupboard too!! I have one of each x

I use Bio too but have always stuck to the Bio lamps as it was drummed into us that we have to use the lamp that goes with the system.

I also have the CND lamp (much prefer it) and would love to use that instead however we were also taught to only cure 2 fingers at a time.

Am I missing a trick here? I contacted Bio about this when I first qualified and they said that they couldn't advise me on the CND lamp, they only ever recommend their lamp.

I suppose my main question is - Is it possible to overcure my Bio gels in the CND lamp? Im so frightened that I will have service breakdown. Will give it a go on myself I think.

xx

Fee- from what the geeks have said it sounds fab. Also with the 2 fingers and bio, I was taught that way to as you are usually slower when you start out. I now do 4 fingers at a time, to speed my treatment time up. Xx

I don't do CND but I want a lamp now I know it works and can cure the thumbs at the same time! Xx

Latest posts

Back