Bio Sculpture on a 12 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alison Pilkington-Child

Reaction score
I have a lady with a gift voucher who wants to use it to get her daughter's nails done as a Christmas treat.

As it's Bio Sculpture and extremely gentle I'm of a mind to say yes if she signs a parental consent form, and I think I would use the Evo breathable base and top coat in this instance too.
I'll have to explain to mum that it's a soak off product and what that entails before she makes the appointment...

I'm insured with the Guild and have not seen any proscriptives about providing services to minors.

Is there anything else I should consider?

I contacted the guild about minors and they emailed me the specifics.

I don't carry out any gel treatments on under 16s.
This has always been the line also taken by Habia and the exam boards.

Legally in the uk, a minor is technically anyone under 18, so consent forms and parent present required.

Perhaps just use regular polish with some festive art? No insurance or safety issues then. The child will have to remove any nail product for going back to school anyway so no need for a longer lasting product.

Contact the guild if you are still doubtful

Thanks CFBS. That was going to be my other suggestion to Mum when I speak to her later. I have a suspicion that she isn’t really aware of what a gel polish is. I sent her a message earlier to explain about wear time and soak off (and school) so hopefully she will go for nail varnish instead. I thought I would offer to pop on a bit of varnish for the youngster as a freebie when (if) mum has hers done.

Subject is mute now as mum became hostile!. [emoji849]

Latest posts

Back