Bio system on Acrylic??? Can i? How?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titi

Reaction score
Dear geeks,

im sure these questions have popped up before, i must have missed it.
Still training with Bio Sculpture, and iv got a client coming in in the New Year, with acrylics on.
I know or at least i think i know, that i can use Bio on top of any system.

Can i? and how?

Please help

I have done many times. It works fine as bio is compatible with pretty much any system.

You will have to buff down the whole nail then sanitise with a scrubbing action. Overlay it as you would a natural nail.

You must inform your client that she can only use bio nail polish remover as any other will affect the gel.

I have infilled Calgel over l & p and had no problem. Just buff the l & p right down, then full prep etc. I do always advise the client there may be a slight colour difference during consultation xx

I have done many times. It works fine as bio is compatible with pretty much any system.

You will have to buff down the whole nail then sanitise with a scrubbing action. Overlay it as you would a natural nail.

You must inform your client that she can only use bio nail polish remover as any other will affect the gel.

Thanks for the reply, do i clip the Tip first and then buff down? and also, how much do i buff down? how do i know im not damaging the natural nail? how do i know when its enough?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, do i clip the Tip first and then buff down? and also, how much do i buff down? how do i know im not damaging the natural nail? how do i know when its enough?

Thanks

Hi

DONT clip your tip! As it is overlayed with L+P you will cause hairline cracks in your tip and product. This will lead to service breakdown!

File your free edge down with a 100 grit file (a new one is good) then using the same file thin you free edge down. Then swap to a 180 and thin down your zone two, then using a 220 blend zone 3, be very careful not to buff the natural nail.

Then prep as usual and apply your gel over the top, either french or colour or clear what ever you choose.

HTH

Hi

DONT clip your tip! As it is overlayed with L+P you will cause hairline cracks in your tip and product. This will lead to service breakdown!

File your free edge down with a 100 grit file (a new one is good) then using the same file thin you free edge down. Then swap to a 180 and thin down your zone two, then using a 220 blend zone 3, be very careful not to buff the natural nail.

Then prep as usual and apply your gel over the top, either french or colour or clear what ever you choose.

HTH
Tracy thanks so much for the detailed info, i am so geeky and new to all of this, and iv never yet worked with Bio on another system. so your advice was great.

Latest posts

Back