Biosculpture or Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having Bio on my nails for the last 7 years non stop, and sadly my friend that used to do my nails was diagnosed with cancer and died in august last year. When i finially removed the gel (5 weeks after she did them) they were still strong and healthy underneath - even after 7 years of being covered!

I then did my Bio training in november and take my practicle exam next week (eek!) It is quite expensive to do the training course (more so for me as i didn't have a basic manicure certificate) but it was well worth it, and you get a decent starter kit with uv lamp included in the training pack price x

I am so sorry to hear about your friend :hug: That's great you didn't any damage to your nails after 7 years - she must have been a good tech :) did she buff at all? Good luck with your exam next week I'm sure you will ace it... At least you've got all those years behind you of watching your friend!! :)

Their is now no buffing of the natural nail before application.I was a model for my daughter at the uk head office last year and they said definately no buffing the manual also says no buffing.

I would assume this is since they have also said it is now best to soak off everytime rather than infil.If people buffed everytime they soaked off every 3 weeks or so the nail would become very thin.

I was also taught to remove the shine prior to Calgel with a 240 grit spongeboard, but i have stopped doing this as well and have no lifting problems but i only do a dry prep and clean the nail really well before application with calguard which is Calgels nail plate cleanser.

That is GREAT to know, I am so happy you would not believe! I have always promoted healthy nails and take the health of my clients nails very seriously. This is wonderful news and has increased my opinion of the product 100 fold. I have my decision thank you ladies :biggrin:

I was taught to remove shine but they've recently changed it to just pep. It's worked for me so far! Hth

Thank you Emma, its useful to me all the same :) Good to know it's working for you.

I can't speak for bio as have never used it (but always hear really good comments!) However I use gelish and love it, i have tried quite a few of the gel polishes and this one does really last and as long as it's taken off correctly there is no damage to the natural nail and buffing is a minimum, also if you are using a Sally's when it's the VAT free day you can pick them up at a really good price, good luck with whichever one you go with! If you do go with gelish there's a gelish lovers group on here x

I can't speak for bio as have never used it (but always hear really good comments!) However I use gelish and love it, i have tried quite a few of the gel polishes and this one does really last and as long as it's taken off correctly there is no damage to the natural nail and buffing is a minimum, also if you are using a Sally's when it's the VAT free day you can pick them up at a really good price, good luck with whichever one you go with! If you do go with gelish there's a gelish lovers group on here x

Thank you xx

I started off doing LCN hard gel nails for 6 years, I then moved on to Bio Sculpture nails as clients preferred a soak off gel rather than a buff off one (as did I as I inhaled the dust and got covered in it with LCN) 6 months ago I tried Gelish and I have to say that the majority of my clients have now moved from Bio and prefer Gelish. The clients who have stayed with Bio have stayed because they like the extra strength that this product gives their nails. Everyone else loves the Gelish - I also do several clients who have tried Shellac and they all prefer Gelish apparantly because it has more strength and far more choice of colours!

I started off doing LCN hard gel nails for 6 years, I then moved on to Bio Sculpture nails as clients preferred a soak off gel rather than a buff off one (as did I as I inhaled the dust and got covered in it with LCN) 6 months ago I tried Gelish and I have to say that the majority of my clients have now moved from Bio and prefer Gelish. The clients who have stayed with Bio have stayed because they like the extra strength that this product gives their nails. Everyone else loves the Gelish - I also do several clients who have tried Shellac and they all prefer Gelish apparantly because it has more strength and far more choice of colours!

Yeah I'm not a fan of the dust either with hard gels, even when I wear a mask my nose still gets irritated! I am a sensitive little thing :lol: I think I would rather bio over gelish so I can still do tips & infills, but gelish over bio for the colours... Ah well... Both it is! :green:

Latest posts

Back