Biosculpture tech with allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethG-NailTec

Reaction score
Hello, I'm sure when I joined this site I saw lots of posts on how many tech's had an allergic reaction when using biosculpture products, can't seem to find any now. I've been using bio for over a year now and love it but just recently started getting a rash on my hands and bumps under my skin, they are areas that seem to come into contact with the dual cleanser or gel remover??! I have been doing lots of wedding groups recently so doing nails with no breaks all day, don't know if using it more has caused this? Does anyone else have problems? Really don't want to start wearing gloves but it's looking that way xx

have you tried wearing the wrap that bio sell? I'm guessing it's mostly on your dominant hand mostly index and middle finger? Pumping down on the dispenser most likely.

Of course overexposure to ANY product can cause sensititvity, I had terrible contact dermatitis reaction to hibiscrub when I was nursing. I can't recall where I saw it but there are some fairly awful photos of tech hands where they have wiped away excess products with their naked fingers.

Vinyl gloves are useless as the gel remover just eats through them. Think about that a little bit harder and imagine what it's doing to your skin and work out how you can avoid this exposure.

Try using less dual cleanse, use your cleaning brush loads, modify your prep, you'll save on wipes too and if you can get some of the tab backed nail wipes (this is one link but they are cheaper elsewhere) Professional Manicure & Pedicure Tools & Kits | Thenailcompany and you will save your skin a bit.

E45 or Hc45 is a godsend.

xx

Yes I'm using hc-45 like god knows what, thank you so much for that post!! YES you are right of corse I bet it is when using my pump!! Oh feel like it def will be that now, I am
Starting to realise what I'm doing abit more now. One of my main problems is using dual cleanser I get through the stuff loads, and nail wipes. Thanks for the link I will have a look! You've been a great help!!! xx

And just looked at that link, didn't realise such a thing existed! Really should try them, thanks again xx

you're very welcome, shop around though, they can be quite expensive. I bought 6 bags at Sally's last week for a fairly good price.

S

Latest posts

Back