Birthday party

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbabe

Reaction score
I know I've left it too late...my little girl is 5 on Friday and her party is meant to be next Saturday 11th, but I haven't had a second to get on and organise anything (both her older brothers have been off school all week with a nasty bug....)

Any one got any ideas for what I can do with 25 four and five year olds? Tabitha wants an entertainer/magician like last year but I think I may well have missed the boat on that one!!!

Help!

I am a bit far from you, but I do hair extension parties for children. Where they can have a little flash of pink or purple in the front of their hair - they love it. There might be someone local that does it in your area.

sugarbabe said:
I know I've left it too late...my little girl is 5 on Friday and her party is meant to be next Saturday 11th, but I haven't had a second to get on and organise anything (both her older brothers have been off school all week with a nasty bug....)

Any one got any ideas for what I can do with 25 four and five year olds? Tabitha wants an entertainer/magician like last year but I think I may well have missed the boat on that one!!!

Help!

Where are you holding the party and for how long?

You may still be able to book something even an entertainer

if not why not try booking a local church hall and have a bouncy castle inside it? the bouncy castle owners don't like the cold:)

Do they do swimming parties in your your area - you will have to bear in mind the non swimmers they need 1 2 1

could you cope with a cinema trip?

Not sure whether girls like 10 pin bowling - but u could book either a party or just some lanes

a local wacky warehouse (or something similar) where all the staff look after them in the climbing gym area

A local tear about party at a local sports centre

If at home or in a local church type hall

Split them into groups of managable numbers ie 4 or 6 with a responsible adult and rotate the activities

Get them to do girlie things

like painting their nails/brushing hair etc

or a photo of themselves if you have a digital camera and let them make themselves up on paper

Painting princesses with sparkly paint

get them to make themselves their lunch - children love to be involved in adult activities so buttering bread and putting crisps in a bowl etc will always appeal to the homely sort.

Make their own pizzas

Get some ready made buns and let them ice them themselves - make sure that they wash their hands first cos their fingers will def be in the chocolate bowl:green:

Watch a video/DVD like Beauty and the beast

Musical Statues always a fave with the girls
Musical bumps
What time is it mister wolf ?
A pretend dance lesson
Get them to sit in a circle and ask them what their favourite thing is and why
eg colour, person, tele program,

Have a box with lots of touchy feely things in it and get them to guess what it is

eg apple
hair brush
HARD boiled egg
flower
biscuit
ice cubes in a plastic bags
something sguiggy in a bag
pencil without a sharp point
paint brush
something furry

the list is endless - just make sure there is someting that makes them go eeeeewww it will create lots of laughs;)

make a pretend stage and get them to act something out

eg show me how you would be cinderella or snow white the outgoing children will love it but the shy ones usually are happy to watch.

My big NO NOs were

Only helium balloons cos the ones you blow up ususally get burst and always someone ends up crying - but be careful when tying the strings on the balloons as it makes your fingers sore:eek:

Don't have confettii type stuff except in minamal amounts as it can be difficult to sweep/clean up:irked:

Let one child hog the lime light UNLESS it is your own birthday girl/boy

pass the parcel - everyone wants a pressie but if you did put a pressie in each layer and let everyone win (like my friend did:lol: ) then the parcel is huge - you would need a crane to lift it but the children will get bored with waiting:eek:

Theres loads more but perhaps I am boring peeps

so I hope this helps:Love:

Snugglepuss said:
Theres loads more but perhaps I am boring peeps

so I hope this helps:Love:

NOT AT ALL! Snugglepuss - you missed your vocation!!! Thanks so much x

sugarbabe said:
NOT AT ALL! Snugglepuss - you missed your vocation!!! Thanks so much x

Good luck PM me if you want any more ideas:D

Latest posts

Back