Bit annoyed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melk

Reaction score
Just opened salon m a single mum no benefits and have struggled work pt cleaning to make rent as I own 2 house which are just a drain mortgage rates etc. Anyway I write special on salon window took some thought about how to word it. One other massage therapist in town within hrs of coming past shop has posted my special n her Facebook page word for word. She is single has separate job and charges $30 less than me a hr. Special You deserve it pamper yourself or loved one buy 2 gift vouchers and receive 3 rd half price same or lesser value. Birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries or just because you deserve it. She omitted you deserve it bit but added 10% off. I know flattery that she's copied me etc and I've been busy first week, but if she can't get clients charging $50 for hr when I charge $80 I feel a bit peeved she taken the p$@s and copied me.

Should add town has prob 500 residents so not big. And I've been working for 3 years in area.

Last edited:
Oh dear. You could add: 'You've tried the rest now try the best' under yours! :D

up until yesterday she has refered clients to me she couldn't help and I respected her for that, she is trained in remedial massage apparently but only does relaxation. There is a place for her people that can't afford me can at least go to her for treatment. She is young too which prob explains the reason she took my special and didn't create her own. We never competed before as different markets. I cater to health fund wealthy employed or business owners that can afford to look after their health and will be regular in maintenance treatments. I wish I could write that geeg but it's such a small community. At least so far she has only put it on Facebook. Might be a bit of jealousy or she's feeling threatened as I got a shop that's right in business district. Hopefully she won't copy every special she can't copy most as she only does relaxation massage and I do waxing,facials,tinting,spray tans, hot rock, spinal reflex therapy. Relaxation massage is about 1% of my business. Feeling better today been a tiring second week averaged 2 massages a day and three facials this week last few mnts working from home I did 3 a week.

I can empathise with you. Do you have enough clients coming through your door? If you do then dont worry about what this other lady is doing, just keep doing what you do and do it well. If you havent got enough clients coming in then dont worry about the other lady and focus on building up your own client base, if she's got no imagination of her own regarding what special offers to advertise then I dont think you need to worry about her as competition.

p.s. - if she's copying your special offers word for word then why do you find out what times of day she passes your salon, and at that time put a sign in your window saying "Full body massage $3, acrylic nails $2, all treatments buy one get 2 free" :twisted:

Lol I share a entrance with the postoffice have a room just off their entrance, at least I know people can see my specials. Only worried because I am sole provider for my daughter and work huge hrs just to survive, her dad pays nothing I never wanted him too. I Bought 2 houses on low income by myself but now they are draining. Thankfully rent is low in new shop, once I've sold my houses I'll take a breath. Most locals support me I'm related to most of them and I get results. Suppose I'm just waiting for life to get easier not throw new spanners in the works.

Latest posts

Back