Bit nervous...please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floox

Reaction score
I just finished school but have done a nail course in Jan. I have done some nails this year but i can't count it as experience.
I want to start working now but don't know if i should start in a salon or from home.(don't really have space for that and its expensive). I am generally a bit shy so its hard for me to just step into a salon and work. im afraid I wont be good enough and have unhappy customers.(my work is good but my friends have complained that the gel lifts and to this day i don't know why cause my mother has the worst nails in the world and hers lasts!) Its frustrating and i don't want to have upset clients that won't return. I use Bio Sculpture and have heard that some people can't wear it and that it will just lift, so whats the point then? Please tell me im not the only one who feels this way!

hi huni....first of all i dont do gel only l&p....if your mums nails are good then maybe your friends nails have been knocked,any medication,picking......so chin up hun ......it might not be you ....as for you being shy....we are all shy in our little ways hun,but the more you do ,the more your confidence will grow.....so think confidence hun and beleive in yourself as for you working from home,if you have no space then it not really practical....so get yourself in a nail salon hun.....i know you can do it xx

I have always found some folk to be better with gel and some with l&p so if you can possibly offer both then you need never turn anyone away, and it gives you the option to swap them over if one is unsuccessful. As you will know there are 2 sorts of gel, the soak off like BioSculpture and the buff-off such as Ezflow and NSI to name but a few. I also have found some clients to be more suited to one type of gel than the other . . .

Don't be down-hearted. Do you charge your friends btw? Your mum is probably taking much greater care of her nails ie oiling, wearing gloves, not using them as screwdrivers etc, whereas your friends may just be thinking, great, free nails, if they bust she'll fix them . . . did they pay you hun?

Hun, all practice counts. I had the same prob when I first started. others nails came off mut my mums didnt. Then i realised i live with my mum so i see how she treats them which is very well, she uses marigolds when washing dishes and all the things we advise them to do cause she cares about her nails. I started to find out that my other "problem" clients were decorating in their nail with turps and paint and everything!!! no wonder they broke!! you will soon discover its not always your fault. Get them taking during treatment and you will soon discover exactly waht they do to their nails.

perfect your technique .... good products and practise shouldn't lift, get it right, then launch yourself on the public, practise, practise and more practise.

I have always found some folk to be better with gel and some with l&p so if you can possibly offer both then you need never turn anyone away, and it gives you the option to swap them over if one is unsuccessful. As you will know there are 2 sorts of gel, the soak off like BioSculpture and the buff-off such as Ezflow and NSI to name but a few. I also have found some clients to be more suited to one type of gel than the other . . .

Don't be down-hearted. Do you charge your friends btw? Your mum is probably taking much greater care of her nails ie oiling, wearing gloves, not using them as screwdrivers etc, whereas your friends may just be thinking, great, free nails, if they bust she'll fix them . . . did they pay you hun?

Yeah my friends did pay me, but I find that more mature ladies's nails last longer because well, they're mature!

Thanx to everyone, your words of advice are always appreciated!

Latest posts

Back