Bitten Nails. Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra1984

Reaction score
Hi, Ive have been asked by a friend of a friend to do their nails, they have explained as follows?

"She has really short nails as she bites them. she eventually wants gel overlays on her natural nails, what do you recommend to start with,extensions?i know from experience that acrylic is harsh on nails so not sure what best?"

With me being fairly new into the industry i really dont know how to advise her best? I want to help but i also want to have my facts straight and not look like i dont know what im talking about, I enjoy all this as everything new is a chance to learn, Ive read a few of the other threads regarding nail biters and taken bits from them, But i would like fresh advice.
Thank you :)
Alex xx

Hi, Ive have been asked by a friend of a friend to do their nails, they have explained as follows?

"She has really short nails as she bites them. she eventually wants gel overlays on her natural nails, what do you recommend to start with,extensions?i know from experience that acrylic is harsh on nails so not sure what best?"

With me being fairly new into the industry i really dont know how to advise her best? I want to help but i also want to have my facts straight and not look like i dont know what im talking about, I enjoy all this as everything new is a chance to learn, Ive read a few of the other threads regarding nail biters and taken bits from them, But i would like fresh advice.
Thank you :)
Alex xx

Well first let's bust your myth that acrylic is harsh on your nails!

I'll start by telling you that all nail products are Acrylic .. Gel is acrylic, L&P is acrylic and wraps are acrylic.

No nail system does anything to the natural nail apart from to stick to it and move along with the natural growth of it.

I'm sure you and many others have seen damage on nails, but it is not from the acrylic .. it is absolutely due to bad technicians who over-file the natural nail (usually during prep or blending tips) or who remove the product incorrectly by forcing it off the surface of the natural nail OR by clients who pick off the nail products. It is possible to cause damage to natural nails by picking off polish! It is the picking not the polish that is to blame.

So now you have your facts straight :hug: I would advise you to use Liquid & Powder enhancements on a biter as they are the strongest but if she picks them (or anything else) off or bites them she will cause damage to her nails. As a biter, she is damaging them every day as it is remember!!! Biters have no respect for their nails or their enhancements and have them in their mouth all the time and they do not really care if they damage their own nails ... they do it every day.

Thanks Geeg, Thats brill, I understand what you say about Acrylic, The quote on my thread is taken from an email from the girl. . I thought it would be quicker to copy & paste rather than me explain,. Thank you very much ! its helped X

Latest posts

Back