Bitten Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking you all for your opinion on bitten nails but just lately my confidence is slowly going down the pan!!!! :sad: and I need to stop it sliding. ;)

I did a lady's nails on Saturday. She is one of the mums up at the school and I knew that she was a nail biter and as half of my clients have been or are nail biters, offered to do a free set for the practice.

Before I applied the tips I carried out a manicure, then had to reduce the well area and width of every tip as she had hardy any nail plate and no free edge what ever. I used L & P and she was delighted with the result. Saw her up at the school today and she is still delighted with them, although I'm not. I don't know if Im being too critical of myself but do all of you sculpt bitten nails or do you use tips. Do you advise the client that the nails will look better with a polish until the free edge has grown. If I'd used pink and white would they have looked better?

Has anyone got any pictures that they could post, of bitten nails that they have done? Any help is greatly appreciated.

plaoh said:
Hi,

Hope you don't mind me asking you all for your opinion on bitten nails but just lately my confidence is slowly going down the pan!!!! :sad: and I need to stop it sliding. ;)

I did a lady's nails on Saturday. She is one of the mums up at the school and I knew that she was a nail biter and as half of my clients have been or are nail biters, offered to do a free set for the practice.

Before I applied the tips I carried out a manicure, then had to reduce the well area and width of every tip as she had hardy any nail plate and no free edge what ever. I used L & P and she was delighted with the result. Saw her up at the school today and she is still delighted with them, although I'm not. I don't know if Im being too critical of myself but do all of you sculpt bitten nails or do you use tips. Do you advise the client that the nails will look better with a polish until the free edge has grown. If I'd used pink and white would they have looked better?

Has anyone got any pictures that they could post, of bitten nails that they have done? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Louise, I've got a couple of photos of nail biter's nails using CND L&P Soft Pink & White, they look really nice (even if I do say so myself).

I know I always say it...but I'll say it again....CND's MAkeover Magic course is an absolute MUST! You'll learn so much more when it comes to making over problem nails...take a nail biter as your model and you'll be amazed at what you learn. Well worth it!

Send me your email address for the before and after pics of nail biters.

Cheers

Jenny - Nails x x x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back