Bizzare situation, can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand by that some of the opinions expressed in this thread could have been worded differently.

BUT

Id like to apologise by trying to be nice I have offended other posters on this thread. By trying to be nice to the OP I have been made aware i have been mean and upset others which certainly not my intention.

It is true that sometimes text can be read in varied ways, I took it to be mean. I read and typed my reaction from an emotional view point. Whilst I am making profit and believe I am good at what I do I understand that I am not really the best person to offer business advice. So I offer this advice to the OP however unrealistic it may be

Don't give up on your dreams, just find a better way of achieving them.

So if your looking for a business plan.... Lynne Baker is your girl. If you want a hug....come to me :)

I hope it works out for you.

xxx

I am a qualified book keeper and accountant and also run a hair and beauty salon. If you would like me to take a look at your finances I could help. X

Have had a quick look at your website & my first thoughts were how inexpensive your treatments were.

I tried googling other salons in your area & a little further afield but either there's no competition or they don't have websites. Therefore trying to make a comparison on pricing is a bit difficult.

That aside, with your pricing as it is & the level of your overheads, there's an obvious imbalance :irked:

As already mentioned, you need to take a few hours out & go through all your bills & expenditure & see where you can save money. You can try places like uswitch for utilities for eg.

The other, quickest way to bring in more money is to raise your prices. Yes, you will get some clients moan & groan and may even lose 1 or 2 but you'll still have more money in your till :D

The other thing, if you're booked in as far in advance as you are, would you consider taking on a part-timer? They can take on some of the therapy work load which would give you more time to work ON your business rather than IN it.

If your clients feel less inclined to see the newbie, then have the newbie do clients at your existing price but get them to pay more for you.

Hairdressers have different price points so why not beauty therapists?

I don't have time to write a long reply, but had to mention that i think your prices are far too low. I've google searched your salon name and it says you do a full set of L&P enhancements for £30? And an infill for £15? (Apologies if wrong salon!)

If a full set takes you an hour and a half, your income is only £20 per hour and that's before you take any costs out. I don't want to state the obvious but if you only did nails all day long, based on those prices, you're not going to make much money at all.

What are your most profitable treatments? Is there any way you can push them? Maybe bring someone in to take your nail services and you focusing on bringing a really profitable treatment in?

Properprincess - I have to agree with you and the way you posted in response. I was shocked by the same post....and agree that the comments were not helpful, and mean. I am glad to see that she did not mean it to be taken in the way it came across.

I also agree with the other posts that were honest. There was a different tone in the other comments, which were 'cruel to be kind' and not offensive like that one comment. x

We have already ascertained that she didn't take offence so I don't see the point it bringing it back up :rolleyes:

Personally if it were me in that situation.... I would like people to be blunt and honest with me and if it were to be called 'mean' I wouldn't mind.

When it comes to the financial side of a business theres no room for niceties... its about cold hard figures...assesing the overal financial picture.. and actual true profit.

I've became wary now when people tell me their salons are mad busy and sooo booked out, often I find when you look at their prices they are rock bottom... lol of course you are busy yes thats great but are you making any more profit than the less busy salon with more standard prices? I doubt it.

There's been some amazing advice on here from other posters

Latest posts

Back