Black & Blue

kells

Hi All,

I haven't been on for a while so don't know if this has been asked before.

My sister wants her hair coloured black with a vibrant blue in slices underneath. Does anyone know a good colour range to do this job? I usually use Koleston but I'm not aware they have these colours? Also would I bleach the area that she wants blue first or is there a range that will do it all? Her natural base I would say is about a 5 / 6.

Thanks is advance

Hiya
you need to get har hair as light as possible before putting any blue as if there is any yellow in the hair it will go more to a turquoise colour, so you do need to bleach it up first! The brightest blue I know is Capri Blue Crazy color, which is ace, it dosn't last long but you can keep building it up with every shampoo.
koleston do a lovely mix tone called petrol (not sure wot number it is- 0.28??)
it comes out like a bluey/green it's my fave colour, even if you put it over brassy hair it still comes out ok just darker ( mix with 10vol or color releaser)

minky

Hi, yes totally agree with Debs69
if you want it a good bright blue you need to take it to a pale blond
just like the inside of a banana
if you leave a lot of yellow in it goes like a horrid toilet block green :green: lol x
Fudge and crazy clour do some really good bright blues too

hiya
id prelighten the hair first then depending wether you want a baby blue or a deep blue i'd use 10/0 + 0/88. for baby blue use 30ccc 10/0+ 4cm 0/88 and pastel developer. for a deeper blue just add more 0/88.
the petrol colur is 0/28 and is good but is more green than blue
let us know what you do!

Hi All,

I haven't been on for a while so don't know if this has been asked before.

My sister wants her hair coloured black with a vibrant blue in slices underneath. Does anyone know a good colour range to do this job? I usually use Koleston but I'm not aware they have these colours? Also would I bleach the area that she wants blue first or is there a range that will do it all? Her natural base I would say is about a 5 / 6.

Thanks is advance
This sounds funky, I feel a trip to the salon coming on.

Id use bonded weft extensions from Balmain the colours are really vibrant and can be taken out at will and no fade! I never bother with trying to colour theses shades now too much hassle and thay always complain about fade. Another range is Elumen v bright but a mare to remove