Black Light?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know what a black light is?

And why/how it works?

Many thanks,

Karen
xxx

My husband has just said it is a UV light???????????????????

Ooo, thank you for your speedy replies, ladies! :D

Kxxx

Thanks for that link Ruth.
My other questions - Where do we find Black light ~ nightclubs?
Do these polishes glow under normal UV light?
Fancy trying them - the colours look fab but not sure if I want glow in the dark fingers LOL!

nemotail said:
Thanks for that link Ruth.
My other questions - Where do we find Black light ~ nightclubs?
Do these polishes glow under normal UV light?
Fancy trying them - the colours look fab but not sure if I want glow in the dark fingers LOL!

Yep mostly nightclubs, bars, some concerts, have seen some at wedding receptions....not too often.

cari4003 said:
Yep mostly nightclubs, bars, some concerts, have seen some at wedding receptions....not too often.

Hi!
They are quite common here in the US. They make everything that is white normally extremely glowing under these lights. (even your teeth!) They are widely used in nightclubs for that special effect. They are very cool, and would be a good investment if you have alot of club-goers as clientele. I dont know the scientific definition of them, but hope this helps anyhow. OH ps...they also show any and every type of lint! HAHA

Karen

crazyblonde7896 said:
They make everything that is white normally extremely glowing under these lights. (even your teeth!)

LMAO - this reminds me of the episode of Friends when Ross over does the teeth whitener and then goes on a date but can't open his mouth cos they are so scarey. Then the girlfriend turns down the lights, but he doesn't realise she has a black light on and his whitest of whitesgrin is the funniest thing I have seen!!

God thats just reminded me off when I was younger, Going down to the local club in white undies and them glowing under my clothes when they turn these bloody lights on.
Oh my face still blushes :o

Thats just reminded me - As a teenager I went to a fair a group of friends and I were trying to impress some lads. We went on the waltzers I was wearing a Tshirt and all you could see was my white Wonderbra for what seemed like miles ~ couldnt get off the ride fast enough LOL!

Latest posts

Back