Black Matte Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Hey all, I had a client ask for the matte look Shellac with shiney tips and a lovely geek on here let me know that you do everything the same as usual but buff off the shine and then do the smile line with top coat. I did all this and it didnt look too bad for a first attempt but I did find in some places I had over buffed and lost some bits of colour, does anyone do an extra colour coat?

I have had another client ask for it this weekend and I am just wanting to make sure I dont do the same. Although she wanted it from seeing my pic of the first set so the cant be that bad but we're all perfectionists aren't we??? Thanks in advance geeks! :)

You need to do 2 topcoats hun, that way only buffing the 1st one :)

Cool thanks hun xx

Make only deliberate strokes with the buffer , use a light touch with a high grit buffer like koala .

Thanks for that, I just used a soft grit as I was worried about using anything higher so there's obviously another reason for it thank you. x

I would only use the 1200 grit side of a CND Koala buffer for getting a matte effect. You won't go through your colour if you use that buffer. X

I used the koala buffer on my mum and went through, if you can see the pic! Used two coats of Blackpool and two topcoats maybe I was buffing too hard

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355950345.738292.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355950345.738292.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,074
I used the koala buffer on my mum and went through, if you can see the pic! Used two coats of Blackpool and two topcoats maybe I was buffing too hard
With proper buffing You do only need one pass over the top coat to matt the colour ... If you know you are heavy handed then compensate by using 2 top coats and light, long, sweeping strokes with the 1200 grit side. One long stroke can matte nearly one third of the nail.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back