Black to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catemeganxx

Reaction score
Hello just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get black hair that has been dyed for over 20 years to blonde without it causing a lot of damage, she doesn't want platinum blonde hair, more like a dirty blonde with highlights and lowlights, I've tried using a 40vol bleach on a strand test and it sent it a gingery colour. If anyone has any experience with this I'd be very grateful! Thanks :)

Are you a hairdresser?

Yes half way through my NVQ level 2 after doing my first year VRQ Level 2

Hello just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get black hair that has been dyed for over 20 years to blonde without it causing a lot of damage, she doesn't want platinum blonde hair, more like a dirty blonde with highlights and lowlights, I've tried using a 40vol bleach on a strand test and it sent it a gingery colour. If anyone has any experience with this I'd be very grateful! Thanks :)

If it was Black it will go a Gingery colour, you won't get Black to Blonde in one session with destroying the hair..as you are at college you should have your text book, we can help you figure it out tho :)

Look at your colour wheel and see what will counteract orange

Your tutors will be able to help you, it's their job :) x

Hint. Never use 40vol with bleach, it will cause scalp burns.

40 vol is mostly used with high lift tints.

Latest posts

Back