Blackberry 9320, 9360 or Nokia Lumia 520-which phone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks

i need help! i am so rubbish with technology and it's coming up to that time of getting a new phone. I am a pay as you goer, not a contracter (for reasons that will take too long to explain) so please do not tell me to get an iphone because sadly enough i can't afford one.

I have narrowed it down to these three phones, i like the blackberry because it has the keyboard and that is what i am used to, but the other night my friend was drunk and told me to stay clear of blackberrys and then went off into a drunken rant which i really didn't get... anyone know why this is?

Also i have picked the nokia lumia 520 because it looks ok and i quite like the idea of a touchscreen.

does anyone have any of these phones and have any feedback? thanks in advance :D

Hey :) I work in a phone shop too. As much as I love my blackberry, the amount we see come back for repair is unreal. I've never had a problem with mine. The Lumia... Mmmm maybe it's just me and the whole windows thing. They could of made it a lot simpler. Maybe have a look at android, Sony and Samsung have some fab ones. If you have any questions, just ask :) x

Hey :) I work in a phone shop too. As much as I love my blackberry, the amount we see come back for repair is unreal. I've never had a problem with mine. The Lumia... Mmmm maybe it's just me and the whole windows thing. They could of made it a lot simpler. Maybe have a look at android, Sony and Samsung have some fab ones. If you have any questions, just ask :) x

ooo excellent, you are just who i need! i was looking at the 'sony xperia E' but i've never had a sony so that put me off? also the 'HTC desire C' and the HTC Radar but i found HTC have some pretty bad reviews...

A vote for an android phone from me. I have an HTC (one x) and I haven't had any problems with it. I can't vouch for the other models though x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

A vote for an android phone from me. I have an HTC (one x) and I haven't had any problems with it. I can't vouch for the other models though x

ooo thank you, i just want a descent phone that i can go on the internet and check my emails and text and make phone calls, i don't really do anything else, although i would like to be able to get whatsapp because apparently all my friends have it :lol: i don't really know what it is just that they can all talk on it x

Whatsapp is an app where you can message your friends without using your credit or text allowance (it might use some of your data allowance but don't quote me on that).
You can get a decent android phone for less than £100, my son has a Samsung galaxy ace and it' a grand wee thing :)

Whatsapp is an app where you can message your friends without using your credit or text allowance (it might use some of your data allowance but don't quote me on that).
You can get a decent android phone for less than £100, my son has a Samsung galaxy ace and it' a grand wee thing :)

ooo really? my sister has the galaxy ace 2 so i was debating the extra £40 but i may just go for the galaxy ace, i'm not that bothered about techy stuff :lol: thank you for your help x

ooo excellent, you are just who i need! i was looking at the 'sony xperia E' but i've never had a sony so that put me off? also the 'HTC desire C' and the HTC Radar but i found HTC have some pretty bad reviews...

The Xperia E has just come out, it's fab! You can get whatsapp and of course salon geek ;-) the Htc is lower in spec and it's around the same price x

thank you geeks, so i have narrowed it down to 2 phones! that is pretty good for me, i might go in on my next day off and have a look in person and see which i prefer :)

I'm on my second Blackberry. I got them both from my son when he upgraded. I would never buy one and I will never have another free one either. Both have continually jammed. I'm getting an HTC at the beginning of the month. I know a couple of people who have them and no problems. I'm waiting on my kids up grading so I can get a freebie iPhone! Hope you manage to get a new one soon :)

I'm on my second Blackberry. I got them both from my son when he upgraded. I would never buy one and I will never have another free one either. Both have continually jammed. I'm getting an HTC at the beginning of the month. I know a couple of people who have them and no problems. I'm waiting on my kids up grading so I can get a freebie iPhone! Hope you manage to get a new one soon :)

ooo thank you so much, that is blackberry completely out then. let me know how you get on with your HTC :)

Latest posts

Back