Blackberry question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've had my beloved bb for a month now and seem to be getting on OK with it.

But for the past week or so I've had a yellow globe with lines through it with 2 next to it, its in the status bit above when it tells you you have an email or instant message.

I've tried reading through the help, have looked on the online forums and pressed nearly every button there is.

I have no unopened emails, sms, mms, instant messages.
I've cleared my search history on the internet.

Anyone help?:eek:

hey... i'm not sure if you have sorted the problem however i think i maybe able to help. go onto your internet and press the menu key and go down to recent pages... by going onto this page it should clear the globe picture. I hope this helps... let me know if it works. I had this problem the other week :) xx

hey... i'm not sure if you have sorted the problem however i think i maybe able to help. go onto your internet and press the menu key and go down to recent pages... by going onto this page it should clear the globe picture. I hope this helps... let me know if it works. I had this problem the other week :) xx
thanks, tried it, still there!

hi, i had a similar sort of problem where it said i had a new message in my email inbox... which i didn't. i checked every folder going, and there was nothing there! so in the end i did the old take the battery out trick! i don't know if that's worth a go?:hug:

Hi, i had this the other day!
Somebody has sent you a video message, most likely one of those scam videos. It might not be at the top of your e-mials, you may have to scroll down a bit, but it will be there, just DELETE it, dont make the mistake i did of opening it to be hit in the face with "obscenities".

Good luck

hiya.. my sis seems to think and she has had her blackberry a while.. its new updates on the items you have downloaded from the blackbery ap store..... click on the ones u have already downloaded and u sld be able to update them.. hope this helps !! xx

hiya.. my sis seems to think and she has had her blackberry a while.. its new updates on the items you have downloaded from the blackbery ap store..... click on the ones u have already downloaded and u sld be able to update them.. hope this helps !! xx
now that makes sense, I've tried everything else that you lovely ladies have suggested, so am now doing what Becky suggests......a
re-booting as I type......fingers crossed.......and nope!

now my email logo has an ORANGE ENVELOPE!!!!!

I've done it! I was looking at the bb menu and went into emails not using the main logo and there were 2 emails that were unopened.

the yellow globe and no.2 is now gone.

does everyone else have an orange envelope logo on their email?

That orange envelope appeared a few days ago on my BB too. Well I have 2 BB Bold (don't ask) and it's only on one of them. No idea why but the fact it just appeared must be a network thing. Oh, just thought, it's on my Vodaphone BB but not on my Virgin BB, so I reckon it is a network update....

I've done it! I was looking at the bb menu and went into emails not using the main logo and there were 2 emails that were unopened.

the yellow globe and no.2 is now gone.

does everyone else have an orange envelope logo on their email?

lol these blackberrys have a mind of their own loool !! am sure we will get there.... one day !! xx where did u go exactly to find the 2 emails as i got a globe now too :cry:
lol xx

Latest posts

Back