Blackheads-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Im over from hair.... I have small blackheads under my chin and neck?", they only small but how do i get rid?? I try exfoliating etc but never get rid!! Is there anything to buy from a shop or can you recommend a salon treatment i could ask for to help me!!! Thanks. Lucia xxx

Hi, sorry to hear you're having skin problems!

You could go to a salon and explain your concerns, and request a facial which includes steaming and extractions. The steam will soften your skin and extractions will remove the plug of sebum from the pore.

If you can find a salon which does electrical facials, ask for a facial which includes desincrustation. This is a form of facial which uses a very mild electrical current (you probably won't even feel anything) which works to emulsify the sebum in your skin and deep clean your pores. Feels lovely and leaves your skin deep down clean.

If you can find a facial which uses steaming, desincrustation AND extractions, you're onto a real winner! Very difficult to recommend products without seeing your skin, so go for a facial first and see what your therapist says about home care.

Good luck!

Hi, sorry to hear you're having skin problems!

You could go to a salon and explain your concerns, and request a facial which includes steaming and extractions. The steam will soften your skin and extractions will remove the plug of sebum from the pore.

If you can find a salon which does electrical facials, ask for a facial which includes desincrustation. This is a form of facial which uses a very mild electrical current (you probably won't even feel anything) which works to emulsify the sebum in your skin and deep clean your pores. Feels lovely and leaves your skin deep down clean.

If you can find a facial which uses steaming, desincrustation AND extractions, you're onto a real winner! Very difficult to recommend products without seeing your skin, so go for a facial first and see what your therapist says about home care.

Good luck!

Thank you so much!! You cant notice them but i know they are there!!! Xx

Don't squeeze, I'm so bad for constantly squeezing my skin. Even though they are tiny, they do scar.

I completely agree with Bombalurina. I would have answered you exactly the same! Go to a good salon, and have a facial, only way to remove them.

Well, it's the only way to remove them without scarring!
We all know that it's entirely possible to remove them at home and make an unholy mess!

As said in the replies a facial is the best thing to do as in a facial the skin will be pre-treated before extraction as this will help soften all the debris/sebum within the follicles making the skin more flexible during the extraction process.

Thank you everyone. They arnt really blackheads they are like blackheads but no black on them if that makes sence lol. Lucia xxx

Are they whiteheads? If so the answer is still the same. A facial would benefit although whiteheads are more difficult to extract than blackheads because they are beneath the surface of the skin. The area will still need softened prior to extraction to avoid damage to the skin.

Are they whiteheads? If so the answer is still the same. A facial would benefit although whiteheads are more difficult to extract than blackheads because they are beneath the surface of the skin. The area will still need softened prior to extraction to avoid damage to the skin.

Yes whiteheads i think! (Not very good with this kinda stuff lol) my skin is great everywhere else just under my chin really like little bumps. You cant really see them until u look close xx

Latest posts

Back