Blackheads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarrySkies

Reaction score
I have a lot of blackheads... all over my nose, on my chin, around my lips (right on the crease line) and nothing I do works.
I bought a metal extractor and was not impressed with it (it only worked on huge spots).
Ive tried face washes and every spot cream I could find and nothing.

Is it possible to get rid of them and have clear skin?

What salon treatment should I ask for, and should I be embarrassed about explaining that I have a blackhead problem?

Say your skin feel and looks congested and that you would like a deep cleanse or resurfacing treatment. Then at the consultation they should discuss your concerns :hug:

Proper blackheads or black pores.Sebum (our natural oil) which we produce everyday has come to the surface in the pore and oxidised (reacted with oxygen) in the same way silver turns black.
Sometimes it is hard and enlarged and can be squeezed out (these ones you can often get rid of for a good while) or it is just in all the pores and you can squeeze it out or use pore strips but the black will be back the next day.
to be honest the more you try to get rid of them the more oil you produce and the more pores become black.Idea is to get the skin to produce less oil.So less harsh products and stop squeezing and stimulating.

Latest posts

Back