Bleach and straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHT OWL

Reaction score
Hi there I have a client with full head bleach highlights (3% and 6%), she would like it chemically straightening.
I normally use iOpti smooth but have never used it on bleach, the instructions are up to 40% highlights.
Could anyone please advise me on anything that I could use that I can buy in a one off purchase that is not going to cost a mint,as dont get much call for this service.
Or should I just tell her no!..x

OMG no way trust me I tried it on myself not with opti but any thermal straighter on bleach generally leads to watching you hair go down the sink. I used the Wellasstr8 mild I couldn't help my self I wanted that beckham look but at the time my hair was horrendously thick and wouldn't grown down. I like to test things to the limit on myself even tho it's a complete contraindications in this case. Have u tried a Brazillian Blow they are not technically a straightener more of a smoothing treatment. There meant to be better as the first one I tried La Brazilliana was rubbish but I have heard good things about others on here.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply Si...I feel the same as you have told my client no way!!, but told her that I will research and see if anything was available.
I have never trained or used a Brazilian blow dry but will look into them.
I am mobile in chavsville and no one wants to pay top prices...they all seem to want everything but dont want to pay for it!!..x

Personally i would use with caution. Sensititised is the one to get. But it is essential that you patch test with it. xoxo

I would definitely go with brazillian blow dry. I use nov max and you can buy one application demo available on nov max web site.

Brazilian Blowdry!! No question.

Thank you all for your replies will do some research on the Brazilian Blowdrys..xx

I would definitely go with brazillian blow dry. I use nov max and you can buy one application demo available on nov max web site.

Ye iv hear a lot of good tug about that. Does it straighten much or smooth. I tried the La Brasiliana I was that bad I woundt of considered using it on a client and I believe you can wah this one of immediatley? How long doe it last I know they all say twelve weeks but that other rubbish we tried didn't last the first wash haha.

Ye iv hear a lot of good tug about that. Does it straighten much or smooth. I tried the La Brasiliana I was that bad I woundt of considered using it on a client and I believe you can wah this one of immediatley? How long doe it last I know they all say twelve weeks but that other rubbish we tried didn't last the first wash haha.
Hi I'm finding it lasts a good 8 weeks. It temporarily straightens,clients finding natural curl coming back after about 3/4 weeks but still very smooth no frizz. Only downside it's a bit fumey so need a window open when using straighteners but other than that love it. Clients said it has changed their life. Ha ha.x

Hi there thanks for all your help...how much do you charge for the Nov'max treatment..pm me please if you dont want to publicly post..xx

Another thumbs up for brazilian blowdry here!

Another vote for Brazilian Blow dry and Novmax is amazing :)
Wouldn't use Optismooth on bleach .

Latest posts

Back