Bleach banding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L00pie

Reaction score
Just wondering if I can pick anyone's brains I've just had a new client come in and she did have a dip dye about a level of a 6-7 on roots then bleach on the ends. She tells me she has had it bleached on her roots as she wanted to go back to platinum blonde all over. She been left with the problem of having warm yellow banding where the dark was. Just wondering what everyone thinks I should
Do to get rid of the banding? Thankyou!

It's hard to say without seeing a photo of what you mean. Depending on what level the yellow is, I would first apply your regrowth application then go back and overlap on the yellow areas with fresh lightener and 6 or 3 or 1.9%. Because you're away from the heat band it's going to lift the same as the root if that makes sense. Be sensible though. If the hair is compromised be careful!

It's hard to say without seeing a photo of what you mean. Depending on what level the yellow is, I would first apply your regrowth application then go back and overlap on the yellow areas with fresh lightener and 6 or 3 or 1.9%. Because you're away from the heat band it's going to lift the same as the root if that makes sense. Be sensible though. If the hair is compromised be careful!
She's already had full head bleached lovely colour just a few yellow patches but will get a picture and post up off the top of my head it's about level of 9ish the yellow bits but stand out more as rest of hair is platinum.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like the bleach wasn't applied liberally enough in those areas. I'd definitely re-bleach.

Looks like the bleach wasn't applied liberally enough in those areas. I'd definitely re-bleach.
Okay so don't bleach bath just literally grab and paint bleach on where it's warmer? Sorry for untechnical terms! She wanted done as soon as possible she had it bleached be two weeks this Saturday she had her mid length and roots bleached if I did it with just 3% rather then 6% just incase the condition of the hair or Jst reapply 6% developer again? Thankyou for help!

Use 3% on the banding. It will lift up nicely for you

Use 3% on the banding. It will lift up nicely for you

3% or pastel. Just paint it on the bits that need lifting. Be patient. Don't take it off too soon. It needs doing.

Latest posts

Back