Bleach Blonde to Red then back to blonde...Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
Looking for your advice on the best way to get back to blonde.

I can almost hear people groan as I write this sorry but I could really do with some of you guys advice on this.

I went from bleached blonde (full head) to full head red wella colour touch 66/46. My hair was pre pig first then the 66/46 went on and to be honest it was a bot of a disaster and it washed out pretty much within days.

I've been putting 66/46 CT on every couple of weeks but it keeps fading really quickll and last week I put on 77/45 which looked great but again has faded at the ends.

It was a risk going red in the first place but I've had 6 months to get used to it and I don't like it as much as the blonde so want to revert back.

I know it won't be an instant process but what's your advice on the steps I should take?

Im sure its yor hair that would be groaning if it could. :)
Slowly but surely as im sure you know. I have seen some really damaged hair from this exact process. This will also all depend on how strong your hair is and how the bleached condition was onder the red.
One way is to start to let the red fade and keep using some quality hair repair treaments. using a highlight / lowlight technique to slowley introduce the blondes and either tone out the red using green/ ash mid or darker tones or maybe a toffee wella Koleston 7/37 or copper shade all weaved highlights. then gradually phase out the tones til u get back to your blonde. Lots of teeny trims as well. go really gentle on those straighteners and hairdryers.
The quicker but harsher way if you think your hair is strong enogh is using several bleach baths over a few weeks and then a low peroxide strength highlight.
Good Luck

Being that you started blonde and needed filling to lock in the red, color remover such as VANISH or PRAVANA are excellent for this job. If you are not familiar with it, it is a reverse oxidization process that reopens the hair cuticle, shrinks fake pigment molecules, then allows you to shampoo away the loose dye molecules. The red is quite loosely locked usually, due to the fact that the hair started out quite porous......you can do this treatment three times a day, with absolutely no damage whatsoever. When you get it to a pale pink, a weak 3% bleach bath should get you there:green:

:eek: vanish??? seriously???

Yes Vanish. You dont use it? Or a similar solution? That stuff is my best friend:green:

I think it is the name of a colour remover in Canada. Here in the UK it is the name of a cleaning product!!!

:eek: omg cleaner??????
Thanks for clarifying that pers......hahahhaha no not :eek:cleaner!!!!!

It is an amonia free, damage free, pigment remover. I believe I am the only salon in town that uses this product, it is a remarkable thing!

Color Vanish - Hair Color Removal - Windsor Beauty Supply

I wouldnt be able to function without this stuff. It can be applied three times per sitting, I wrap the head and put the client under heat for maximum effect.....or dilute into a bath to just tweak a dark tone.

This has saved my clients many many disasters, not to mention it is less expensive than bleach.

Didnt mean to give whack advice...lol

haha i was thinking :eek::eek: YIKES!! x

Thanks for your advice guys. Think I'm going to start the process next week end...nervous lol

so how did it work out?? i started doing my friends with eraser last night then put a few highlights it was ash blond then red trying for a blond again now light red with a few blond bits one more attempt should do it but long job!! no damage to the hair amazing!!

I'm naturally a red head & went blonde last summer about a mth ago on a mad moment I went red & within a week the ends looked awful they went pink!!! My hair was quite short anyway but decided in the end to have a really cropped style, the colour looked better straight away, now just waiting to grow the bright red out & go back to natural!!!

Latest posts

Back