Bleach highlights versus Majimeche highlights!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaS

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in the process of recovering from a recent hairdressing nightmare. I know I have to find another hairdresser :eek: so desperately require advice as to whether to seek a Clynol salon (in the past they used bleach for my highlights) or a Loreal salon (they used majimeche for my highlights).

I am so scared of making more mistakes, or upseting anyone due to my inexperience (until very recently I had the same hairdresser for years.) My most recent salon 'treat' was very traumatic (Re: Is my new hairdressers method going to ruin my hair?)

If anyone would kindly take the time to explain/advise me regarding highlights I would be ever so grateful.

I understand Majimeche is highly thought of but does it lighten the hair as easily as bleach? I only ask due to the fact I had to return to the salon to have my highlights brightened. Or was this simply due to the Majimeche not being left on long enough? And as it is gentler/safer for hair should I give it another chance?

Or should I request Loreal's bleach? (sorry can't remember its name.) From reading this site I know that is highly thought of too.

Or, as I have red/gold tones in my hair should I simply be seeking a salon which uses bleach?

If anyone can help point me in the right direction it will really help me, I usually get my roots done every 4-5 weeks, so I have time to look around but just want some pointers please.

I really can't wait for my hairdressing trip to be a treat again - sad but true.

Thank you.

Last edited:
* bleach will take it brighter ,faster but then it damages the hair - between mild and severe , you can never have bleach hi-lites regularly without some damage , unless you never blowdry ,brush,or wear your hair in a ponytail. never go in the sun ,wind and do conditioning treatments weekly.

* majimeche gives the hair a bleached up effect without the same damage. Best results are probably on mid to light hair but will come up sandy or gold on darker bases . ive never been able to achieve platinum or white shades with majimeche more pale soft gold .

* if you have foils , there is no reason why you cant have a blend of both , condition allowing .

Just a quick piece of adivice. Any person having professional colours should be using professional products on the hair, this should help the condition so much. If you are going to spend alot of money on hair colour it makes sence to use professional products on the hair. Make sure you use heat protector every time heat from a hairdryer or straightners go near the hair. For hair with hi lifts or bleach a shampoo and conditioner such as tigi dumb blonde (you can still use this if you have other colours other than blonde). This should help with maintaining the condition of the hair between visits. Why not go in for a consultation in a salon and ask them what the use how they plan on doing the process this should be free. You could also use a sight called "the good salon guide" this has a list of good salons in your area hope this helps. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Latest posts

Back