Bleach nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuu111

Reaction score
hi I was wondering if anybody can help me as now I'm at the end of ideas and things to try. I have a client who is around a base 4-5 and she wants pretty much jus a clean blonde. I've always foiled her her with L'Oréal studio blonde and 9%, about 3 appointments ago I found that it wasn't lifting very well so I used 9% on the back and used 12% on the front. The front Lifted fine but the back didn't budge really at all so I had to re foil the back. Now I'm currently using the same bleach and 12% and it's just not lifting past the dark yellow stage. She has her roots done every 5-6 weeks so not to long for banding, I've tried reapplying , I've tried toning with a high lift and now she's complaining of yellow roots where her regrowth has been. I've researched her current shampoo and conditioner for any barriers , checked her medication status and she takes none, she's not preganant so now I'm just mega stressed as I've never has this happen to me. I've been hairdressing for 9 years so I've got experinnce but just need a second opinion please. I'm so scared of damage to her roots

You know you shouldn't need to use 12% to lift it, so it's either your products or she's got some sort of barrier on her hair.
I'd be looking at your bleach, if you've definitely ruled out product build up.
Has your bleach powder been opened a while? It can go off just as a developer can.

Maybe try using a chelating shampoo prior to bleaching next time?

Hi what peroxide did you use with your toner ? I prefer to use a true semi with no peroxide or a silver shampoo when toning hilights as even low peroxide will give a glow ( especially near the roots ) and will give a warmth to the natural colour when the toner fades out ,
As AcidPerm said I think you may have a problem with your bleach !

Use Schwarzkopf blondeme bleach with 9% it lifts super quick and is the strongest bleach I have ever used I found it so strong I only use it for balayage now but it that don't lift it nothing will lol

Thank you for your reply I did a shampoo previous this time around , opened a new sachet of bleach so I knew it was fresh and a new peroxide. I've never ever used 12% with any bleach to lift never been above 9% but I'm just stuck with how to lift it past a dark yellow that won't even tone out

I might try blonde me bleach next time is it gentle on the hair ?

I usually use matrix semis for my toner and use just their own colour releaser so not any lift at all really. I've tried silver shampoo juts painted in her roots then juts taken through but I can't seem to lift it past the dark yellow colour so no toner is helping at all

maybe try and wash her hair before colouring? is her hair particularly oily at the roots? xx

Why would you use 12% on the front.....the front will always lift lift EASIER than the back!

If there is no barrier on the hair...grease or product...then you are not mixing your products correctly, or your products are off!:cool:

I would use Schwarzkopf blondeme. It lifts so well. You do not need a high peroxide for it. And yes it can damage as all bleach can so just keep an eye. And I would only tone with a semi permanent so that it lasts longer :)

I would use Schwarzkopf blondeme. It lifts so well. You do not need a high peroxide for it. And yes it can damage as all bleach can so just keep an eye. And I would only tone with a semi permanent so that it lasts longer :)
I think I used blondeme from your recommendation it's amazing stuff!

I think I used blondeme from your recommendation it's amazing stuff!

It is so good isn't it! Never fails to lift past that dark yellow! I just struggle with the texture for balayage. It's a bit grainy for me, and the blondeme paint on lightener doesn't have the same lift!

It could be as simple as her hair doesnt want to lift past that stage of yellow. Is her expectation unrealistic? I'd be conscious of the health of her hair at this stage after all that lightening especially with such high volumes of oxident. X

ive used fresh new bleach and fresh new peroxide so I know it's not off , I have to start at the top because it's just not lifting enough for me to start on the back. I've reapplied the bleach with a lower peroxide , I've tried 9% to lift slower to try and reduce the gold in her hair and it's juts not working, I've always followed manufactures instructions so I know it's not that either .So this time I'm going to try the blonde me bleach to see if it helps lift

The L'Oréal studio bleach isn't great. I used it on two clients and both times it lifted a horrible yellow. I'm surprised L'Oréal has there name branded to such a rubbish bleaching agent. I use blondeme or igora bleach both lift very clean and light.. x

Use Schwarzkopf blondeme bleach with 9% it lifts super quick and is the strongest bleach I have ever used I found it so strong I only use it for balayage now but it that don't lift it nothing will lol
I have recently bought this bleach because of the great reviews I'd read. I did everything the same as usual but the bleach bled so bad . Good job my client was having a colour in between her foils. I'm scared to use it now. This has never been the case with my foiling before, did u find this at all? X

I have recently bought this bleach because of the great reviews I'd read. I did everything the same as usual but the bleach bled so bad . Good job my client was having a colour in between her foils. I'm scared to use it now. This has never been the case with my foiling before, did u find this at all? X
No not at all, maybe try and mix it abit thicker? Apart from bleeding how did it lift ? What peroxide did you use ? X

I am sorry but what hairdresser school did you attend? Sorry to sound rude but 12%? Geez I wouldnt touch that % especially not on scalp...

I am sorry but what hairdresser school did you attend? Sorry to sound rude but 12%? Geez I wouldnt touch that % especially not on scalp...

She says it was foils not on the scalp

She says it was foils not on the scalp
Oki sorry I read too fast, got totally in shock just reading 12% ha ha

Latest posts

Back