Bleach substitute?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
About to practice balayage on my Sally head but not wanting to use colour yet as I've just bought her! What could I use instead of bleach? Have used flour and conditioner for practising foils before but it just goes all sticky! X

Lol use talc and conditioner not flour! 🙈

Lol it was my boss that bought the flour in to use along with conditioner! Was like a primary school experiment lmao thanks I'll try that x

Lol it was my boss that bought the flour in to use along with conditioner! Was like a primary school experiment lmao thanks I'll try that x

Just buy a cheap conditioner from the supermarket, the a cheaper the better hahaha x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheap conditioner with a tiny amount of food colouring in so you can see where your going easier to practise

Thanks guys :) used talc and conditioner and it was fine!

Do yous mind if I post a pic and ask for some critique? (be gentle it's my first ever practice lol!) I know it's not the end result but any advice etc would be great x

Attachments

• 1422479515911.jpg
    1422479515911.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 152

Do yous mind if I post a pic and ask for some critique? (be gentle it's my first ever practice lol!) I know it's not the end result but any advice etc would be great x

I think your application looks great! Is it more a balayage ombre than just a balayage? If so, make sure you either really saturate the ends, apply even saturation where it starts to be fully light or you'll end up with lines and patchiness, or you can paint it just on the surface and it'll be more subtle and natural

Looks really good, however I would paint some higher lines in between. Just to create a better blend but really good first attempt x

Thanks guys 😀 I'll keep your advice in mind for next time!! I never planned on taking it so high but the lines I made were quite bold and ended up higher than I wanted by the time I tried to blend it more! It's the whole working out placement I found more difficult than applying it though! Find it hard to figure out where to put things to get the result I plan on 😟 I hope that made sense lol x

Try using bleach next time so u can see the results in real life, blocks don't lift amazingly well but you'll get an idea for placements, u can get cheap bleach & peroxide from a warehouse, then once you've done it pop a brown back over and u can keep practicing (if it's real hair!)

Yeah her hairs real! Just don't want to start bleaching her cos I need her to last. Don't think the tutors would be happy knowing I'm ruining my Sally's balayaging when it's not even in the Svq lol suppose bleach and 10 won't hurt, although doubt it'll do much to her 😟 x

Yeah her hairs real! Just don't want to start bleaching her cos I need her to last. Don't think the tutors would be happy knowing I'm ruining my Sally's balayaging when it's not even in the Svq lol suppose bleach and 10 won't hurt, although doubt it'll do much to her 😟 x

It's good to practice your skills, your only gonna cut it all of anyway :p x

Latest posts

Back