Bleach that sweats and drips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justkaz

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to find a powder bleach to use with foils. I'm using matrix with my balayage and on scalp bleach(and am happy) but am shopping around for powder bleach to use with foils that is a bit cheaper.
I am a home based salon and charge lower prices as I do not have any overheads. So am looking for a powder bleach on the cheaper side but don't want nasty.
I used the blue hi lift bleach today with 3% at the back going into a 6% towards front and sides. Now I'm in Australia and it has been sooo hot here (my poor air con just struggles in this heat). So after checking the foils after I finished foiling I noticed a few water droplets on the hair. I fold the foils up twice and fold the edges. The bleach looked a bit watery on the foils that I checked but was still processing up nicely. When I rinsed off, the blonde was nice and clean but some had bled out but not like a usual bleeding from bleach. It was a real smudgy orange and had spread a bit. I fixed it up when I toned but am not happy with the product. Haven't come across this before. I have seen water droplets years ago on some foils but not like this.
It's like the bleach swelled and became really runny and seeped out and ran down the hair shaft and started to process.
Was thinking maybe because it was so hot. But wasn't too too hot as was using the aircon.
Has this happened to anyone before?
It happened twice today one on a lady with a lot of colour build up of box colour and the other on virgin hair of a 6 level. On the virgin hair wasn't as bad as the other but I didn't move the foils around at all as I was weary of the previous lady.
Won't be using that product anymore.

I use goldwell blue powder and always got on with it well. But when it's really hot summers day it does have a tendency to swell up. I never apply too much anyway near the root... Think all bleaches have that problem when it's hot.... Another amazing product is called goldwell silk lift, it's a high lift bleach that you use lovely serum pipets to squrt in. Amazing conditioning bleach with a guaranteed no bleed in to hair. Hope you'll be able to get it in Australia? It's expensive but achieve amazing results and that's the main thing. Talk to your local supplier to see if they can help you find this product... Good luck x

To be honest I stopped using powder bleach(I used Goldwell before) as I really like Wella bleach cream I think it's brilliant, it's more expensive( I don't charge a lot myself in my salon) but I think it's worth it! It doesn't swell and it works slowly leaving hair healthy and not that brassy, I'm in love with it

Schwarpskopf vario blue bleach powder is good and very reasonable

If a bleach starts getting really hot and starts getting watery and bleeding, that's not a good sign. It can be from the presence of metallic salts reacting.

Personally I prefer blondor and steer clear from cheap bleaches, because, to be honest, I'ld rather feel secure in using a product which I can predict to one that is unpredictable! And the price is minimal.

Someone gave me a box a budget bleach and I compared it to Blondor on two of the same hair samples and there is no comparison.

Thanks guys for your input. Yes am definitely staying away from the cheap and nasties but had to give it a try. I am happy with the matrix and have used blonder before but will try some of the other brands that you have recommended. No use settling for something that is good if I can find something that is great!!

If a bleach starts getting really hot and starts getting watery and bleeding, that's not a good sign. It can be from the presence of metallic salts reacting.

Personally I prefer blondor and steer clear from cheap bleaches, because, to be honest, I'ld rather feel secure in using a product which I can predict to one that is unpredictable! And the price is minimal.

Someone gave me a box a budget bleach and I compared it to Blondor on two of the same hair samples and there is no comparison.

Agreed👍

I think bleach is the most used chemical in a salon so I don't know y we attempt to try cheap ones we should go for the best I recon, that's why Im using blondor cream only(tried all cheap and expensive ones too)

As well as the importance of using the matching peroxide to your bleach, not generic. That makes a huge difference. The amount of stylists i see when i go to the wholesalers using generic peroxide just because its a tiny bit cheaper x(

Schwarzkopf Igora Vario Blond - blue, obviously with the Igora oil developer. I've never found another bleach that measures up, although I don't mind Blondor. I'm very interested to try Goldwell's silk lift however!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had this with different powder bleaches over the years but only when the environmental temperature is unusually warm. Maybe try a product thickener some lines carry, mix the bleach a little on the dry side or try a hood dryer on cool setting for the first 10-15 mins or so of processing so its not heated to long.

I live in Australia also, I have seen some crazy things with blue hi lift bleach, there has been 2 times where I have actually seen steam coming off their hair once it was full head foils my boss done, then once it was when one of my work mates had lightened all the ends of her clients hair for ombré look and it was covered over in foil, but her hair look like she had 100 black box dyes over it. Yeah couldn't believe what I was seeing, so now I'm very wary. I think that hi lift needs to be watched carefully and their are definitely better products out :) I use luxury blue comparable bleach and blonde plus, which lightens beautifully

So far have been sticking to matrix bleach and have had no problems at all. It is definitely the heat over here at the moment. Just making sure I mix it slightly thicker then usual.

Latest posts

Back