Bleach to tint ????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
this is for me really, had my hair cut this morning, i have a pixie crop...i usually have half a head woven/bleach...as i had my hair trimmed this morning the blonde above the ears was cut out, which i redid myslef with bleach and spatula this morning, hair too short for foils...
now i am about 10% grey at the sides and in the front, and have been happy with bleach woven, but because my hair is so short and the fannying around to weave with foils , i dont want a full head bleach, i would look dead lol but now i am geying a bit more i need a full head something...lol and i am sick of my hair being dark at the back as its too short for woven my natural base is 6 and i have a lot of gold undertones. and i only have bleach on my hair at the mo, no tint
any suggestions my profile pic is bleach but my hair is a lot shorter now so gives you an idea of what i look like, i am cool skin toned too and naturally pale.
just think i need a change and easier upkeep. i like being blonde, would highlift be a choice maybe a mix 12.0/12.1 and maybe a few bleach slices???
any suggestions. if i used a 12 would i still need to prepig gold...i think i do.
its just the old grey is catching up now

Hi , 12/1 would be nice on the roots like you said ,
but I am lost about the pre pigging and where ? lol x :hug:

Hi , 12/1 would be nice on the roots like you said ,
but I am lost about the pre pigging and where ? lol x :hug:

just running away with my self with another question of using a 12 and pre pig same as 10. but you wouldnt put 12 over bleach so ignore me (thinking out loud when one question becomes ..i wonder if...)...lol.
so i could do root re growth with 12.1 and cover the whole back and then just keep root touch up until all bleach has been cut out....
or grow my hair and keep the woven look..lol...having a omg i am well grey day today...
or shall i just go back to my base...well a level lighter and be done with mucking around....lol

Hi, Joanne well I think you really suit your hair blonde , and I do think the 12/1 on the roots would be ok ,
but you wont get as much of a bright blonde in the end ,

so here's my suggestion
I would foil out some nice slices of the bleached blonde in your fringe area with conditioner as I think you suit blonde bits in the front
then I would flood the rest with a 7/73 or 7/3 in wella colour touch

but do (test pieces first) as it may grab on the bleached hair and it may need pre pigging with gold tone :hug:

ps dont try doing it yourself at home :) let the salon gals have a go lol x

Hi, Joanne well I think you really suit your hair blonde , and I do think the 12/1 on the roots would be ok ,
but you wont get as much of a bright blonde in the end ,

so here's my suggestion
I would foil out some nice slices of the bleached blonde in your fringe area with conditioner as I think you suit blonde bits in the front
then I would flood the rest with a 7/73 or 7/3 in wella colour touch

but do (test pieces first) as it may grab on the bleached hair and it may need pre pigging with gold tone :hug:

ps dont try doing it yourself at home :) let the salon gals have a go lol x

no not going to do it myselff mink, i will wait till i am back at college after easter, 12.1 sounds the best bet, i just think now its time for a full head tint, now with the grey coming through thick and fast lol
thanks minky

your free to experiment! short hair can take the damage as long as you use products ( no one likes the fluffy chick look) but if you want t cover the grey not blend it than you r going to need deeper than a 12 possibly an 8 or darker. when my hair was short ( like that barmaid off eastenders ) i had then ends bleached with 12.1 roots ( which was probably a bit orange down the back as im a 6-8 ) i also had the first 1/2 inch tinted with 3/8 ( really dark purply auburn supposed to be choc but the undertones were auburn and purple ) which looked wicked when i had it all messed up .-not so good on the school run though. anyway you can try lots of things and combos because you can always do a colour removal /bleach or cut it out ! anyhow good luck let us know what you decide

cheers, liana, doesnt help that my hair has been cut a bit too short, but it will grow, after having been blonde for a while i am scared of going darker lol...i look washed out at the best of times but a lighter blonde suits me

'So if you are conserned of going darker after being blond for a long time, why dont you do slightly darker lowlights with cap and see how it suits you. Personally I think darker color would suite you, but sometimes just tinting the hair straight away could be a bit too much of a change at once. Or, you could do a semi on your hair, as it washes away and they do some pretty funky colors on semis. Have a look at Matrix range, they have lovely alternatives, and they can be applied on foils too..... just a thought....

cheers nora , not thought of pulling through a cap and tinting slightly darker, will have a look at other colour ranges, all i know at the mo is clynol.
minky, nora and liana you have been lots of help,

Hi Joanne , I really love your hair blonde,
is it cut shorter at the front too ? or has it still got the longer fringe ?

Us hairdressers seem to get fed up with our hair so easily :hug: , (I know I do)
then I think I will have a go at myself but then I can never reach a certain grey bit at the back lol x ,:hug:

Hi Joanne , I really love your hair blonde,
is it cut shorter at the front too ? or has it still got the longer fringe ?

Us hairdressers seem to get fed up with our hair so easily :hug: , (I know I do)
then I think I will have a go at myself but then I can never reach a certain grey bit at the back lol x ,:hug:

minky its a proper pixy crop short fringe too.
so a flippin nightmare to do woven
done the full head bleach when i was like 22 but now nearly 37 dont want to be mutton..iykwim

minky its a proper pixy crop short fringe too.
so a flippin nightmare to do woven
done the full head bleach when i was like 22 but now nearly 37 dont want to be mutton..iykwim

Well I think thats fab :hug: I know I would love to have the freedom of short hair especially a little pixie crop
but I always back out incase I dont suit it , I think I may try again soon lol x
Ps 37 is no age lol x

if its a pixie crop why dont u just twist bleach into the ends? thatr way no fiddly foils, no sporadic dots like u wud get with a cap, u can have as much or as little as u want, and u can still do the 12.1 if u wanna, jus apply that first then where u want it to be bright twist small sections of hair with bleach on ur fingers, it looks ace on choppy styles, and u can pinpoint exactly where u want the blonde to be scattered, only word of warning, once its twisted on, slam it under heat and check every ten minutes to check the bleach aint dried out, if it has reapply untill the colour is achieved. . . thats wt i wud be doing. . x

if its a pixie crop why dont u just twist bleach into the ends? thatr way no fiddly foils, no sporadic dots like u wud get with a cap, u can have as much or as little as u want, and u can still do the 12.1 if u wanna, jus apply that first then where u want it to be bright twist small sections of hair with bleach on ur fingers, it looks ace on choppy styles, and u can pinpoint exactly where u want the blonde to be scattered, only word of warning, once its twisted on, slam it under heat and check every ten minutes to check the bleach aint dried out, if it has reapply untill the colour is achieved. . . thats wt i wud be doing. . x

so would it be roots and back of the head 12.1 could the 12.1 not be put on the bleach with 3% as a toner or would it be best to just do root regrowth with 12.1/12% and wait for bleach to grow out.
my problem is the back and the sides it being so short and me not wanting full head bleach, but then i am thinking roots and back 12.1 will be similar to full ehad bleach just not as light...iykwim..or am i waffling now

i wud do 12.1 on the untouched hair, and if that touches blonde hair it cud go too ashen for ur liking, 12/0 goes a not bad colour on bleached hair, and cos it short it wont suffer to much, in my experience 12/0 even tho technically a base colour doesnt have a khaki cast when over top of bleach hair. . but yeah, just do an all over tint and wherever u want little bits of blonde, twist it in, i wud prob still twist a few little pieces in the back jus to scatter a subtle brightness throo it. .

i wud do 12.1 on the untouched hair, and if that touches blonde hair it cud go too ashen for ur liking, 12/0 goes a not bad colour on bleached hair, and cos it short it wont suffer to much, in my experience 12/0 even tho technically a base colour doesnt have a khaki cast when over top of bleach hair. . but yeah, just do an all over tint and wherever u want little bits of blonde, twist it in, i wud prob still twist a few little pieces in the back jus to scatter a subtle brightness throo it. .

sounds like its the 12.1 route when i start back at college in a weeks time cheers for that, starting my level 3 soon so hopefully, i will know more about colouring, still trying to get my head around it sometimes thats why i want to know the ins and outs the why and what fors.:hug:

hahaha aww cool, yeah its worth doing like, i literally just finished my level three yesterday, and i picked up on heaps of extra wee techniques and styles of colouring and cutting. . do let us know how u get on and what technique u use and pop up some pictures. . . xx

hahaha aww cool, yeah its worth doing like, i literally just finished my level three yesterday, and i picked up on heaps of extra wee techniques and styles of colouring and cutting. . do let us know how u get on and what technique u use and pop up some pictures. . . xx

i will, your up early lol

HAHAH i been up since 530 cos im going to dublin for a hen weekend, and im THAT EXCITED lol. . .

Latest posts

Back