Bleached hair feels greasy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

Reaction score
Hi Hair Geeks!

I'm not a hair professional but i just wondered if you could give me some answers or tips for the problem i am having with my newly bleached hair.

I had it bleached nearly 2 weeks ago and the hairdresser used an ash blonde toner too, i love the colour but for the past few days its been greasy near my scalp, it feels flat to my head.

I've been washing it every day with a normal shampoo and a purple shampoo a few times a week and have been using a rich conditioner every other day and a normal conditioner the other days....i just used it on the ends of my hair today not on my scalp.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? is it normal to get greasy hair after having it bleached? is my scalp trying to compensate for the damage done through bleaching? I know nothing about hair as you can probably guess!

Thanks,

Sarah x

Hi Hair Geeks!

I'm not a hair professional but i just wondered if you could give me some answers or tips for the problem i am having with my newly bleached hair.

I had it bleached nearly 2 weeks ago and the hairdresser used an ash blonde toner too, i love the colour but for the past few days its been greasy near my scalp, it feels flat to my head.

I've been washing it every day with a normal shampoo and a purple shampoo a few times a week and have been using a rich conditioner every other day and a normal conditioner the other days....i just used it on the ends of my hair today not on my scalp.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? is it normal to get greasy hair after having it bleached? is my scalp trying to compensate for the damage done through bleaching? I know nothing about hair as you can probably guess!

Thanks,

Sarah x

hey hun i have bleached hair usually when i do mine my scalp dries out quite abit...have you been applying conditioner to your root area at all?
i dont usually wash my hair everyday i usually wash it every other day to get the natural oils back in the hair,feel free to PM me im still training on my nvq level 2 hairdressing but will do my best to answer any questions you may have

x

Hi there

this is a tricky one without actually seeing your hair but as long as your scalp is not sore and looks normal then you should be fine. Generally bleached hair takes longer to get greasy as it tends to be so coarse... Are you using a new shampoo? maybe its too heavy. try changing some of your products and see if that makes a difference!

MHD x

i wash my hair everyday and its bleached to the nines!

i would look at your shampoo, and make sure to keep the conditioner to the length and ends of your hair,

i would use the rich conditioner maybe oce or twice a week, and your regular conditioner everyday,

hth!

:)

Hey

It probably isn't terribly greasy, but might feel it compared to the ends that may be fairly dry. Remember blonde hair always looks greasy fast aswell, especially when there is natural colour mixed in with it if you are fairly dark naturally.

You may be over-using conditioner... and also washing your hair stimulates your sebaceous glands more and with some people this will make their hair more greasy than if they didn't wash it so much...

x

this will just be due to your natural hair growth, bleached hair always feels dry never greasy, as its been 2weeks since you had it bleached you will have slight re growth, this will feel greasy to you as the rest of your hair feels dry, but others wont even notice!! xx

Hi , sometimes if the level of blonde has been changed slightly
and wasnt quite as light as usual
you may notice it becoming more greasy at the roots

have you noticed a slight colour change ? :hug:

Latest posts

Back