Bleaching Asian hair platinum-challenge or insane?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monchou

Reaction score
Hey everyone -
no, I'm not intending to do this on myself nor on a client:D but I was really curious about how you would attempt at getting naturally BLACK thick korean hair to become this (shade of) blonde, the way model Soo Joo wears it :)

Would you say no to a black asian beauty who wanted this or how would you proceed (products etc.)?

ZXbsWK5.png

In some photos her ends look dry but overall her hair looks great! Which is surprising as she maintains this look for quite some time now.
Absolutely love this look on her. Big fan of east asian warm skin tones combined with a cool shade like this.

Your not a hairdresser (by the look of your profile) so why would you want to know the technical stuff?
You've already asked on another thread how to get your hair from dark brown to ash blonde so Im guessing it's for yourself in any case.
So take the advice from the previous thread to visit a hairdresser hun x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a wig babe.

Your not a hairdresser (by the look of your profile) so why would you want to know the technical stuff?
You've already asked on another thread how to get your hair from dark brown to ash blonde so Im guessing it's for yourself in any case.
So take the advice from the previous thread to visit a hairdresser hun x

Hi Jemma, thanks for taking your time to check out my profile.
I started getting into "beauty business" only recently so imo no use to fill my profile just yet, or is it? If so, sorry I got the board rules wrong. I didn't see myself proceeded enough to pose my question in the pro thread, I guess you're not here to give me confidence but you're also not here to make me feel worse :)

As I already said, it was out of curiosity and don't intend to do this on myself as I said in the first post (the fact you read my help thread should clearly state that I was looking for a different tone, and nothing like this model).
so it's a bit saddening to say I was lying o_O I am sure all of you must've dealt with all sorts of nagging and stubborn people who seek for risky advice on techniques, so I refrain from saying you are being rude right now. I should have better things at hand than lying to a whole community just to know what products to buy, don't I? ;)
But as I said, I guess you guys must've had awful people here before. Otherwise I don't get how you could assume that :) so it's ok.
fyi, I'm a blonde, not a dark brown. I already sorted out my own hair together with a professional, so thanks.

²persianista: Soo Joo is not wearing a wig :) She's known for having her hair bleached, especially to get rid of the "Asian Model" stamp on her.

Last edited:
Must agree with Jemma on this, I don't know how long you have been on this site for but if you have read through the rules it's clear that NO professional on here will give any DIY advice on here to a non professional.
I hope you don't feel offended, I'm not fully qualified yet but I think I've seen threads like this posted about 10 times a day, (especially hair geek) and it gets really annoying and we just try to give the message to those who come on here just to try getting info on "how to go from jet black to blonde".
I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you but you definitely won't get any questions like this answered on here, especially on hair.
Xx

I guess I should've just asked whether or not you guys would take this challenge instead of how - maybe I should edit it - because I didn't intend to offend anyone. This thread wasn't supposed to be about my own person but I don't have many peers to talk about beauty; being a newbie in a big city can be quite lonely :) Was wrong to assume I could bump in here and expect people to exchange experience with a stranger.
But I guess no matter what I'm saying as a newbie here I assume I only look like a liar. Quite sad but sorry for all of you that you have to deal with stubborn people so often. I'll come back later when I have my certificate and am willing to post it in public xx

:banghead:

In answer to your question it depends on many things if we would attempt this kind of colour correction, but like others have said as you are not a professional we cannot go into details on how we would achieve it x

Latest posts

Back