bleaching facial hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepinkfairy

Reaction score
I just wondered if many therapists found that bleaching facial hair is a popular treatment? Do any of you not offer it as a treatment? Those of you that do, do you patch test first?

xx:hug: xx

i have found it is not a popular salon treatment, but if i were to offer it i would always patch test first, you would have to for insurance and peace of mind.
Its such a simple procedure most peole interested could buy a tub quite cheaply and do it themselves. if there was a demand, i would offer it. HTHs:)

I have never been asked for it. Waxing is so popular now and I think bleaching only suits people who have very fine hair (or those who are scared of waxing!) I was never taught it at college either but would assume you would need a patch test as you do with most chemicals you put on the skin. Hth x

i have found it is not a popular salon treatment, but if i were to offer it i would always patch test first, you would have to for insurance and peace of mind.
Its such a simple procedure most peole interested could buy a tub quite cheaply and do it themselves. if there was a demand, i would offer it. HTHs:)

This is why i dont offer it as a treatment aswell.
Ive even had one or two clients say that they tint thier own eyelashes with kits from Boots:eek: :eek:
surely having it professionally done by a trained therapist is so much safer!

Thankyou for your replies. We don't offer it at the salon i work at either, I was trained in it at college but havn't really done it alot since.
Thanks again!

:hug:

I dont do a lot of it but i do some its so little outlay that its worth offering. One treatment will cover the cost of the box of bleach and yes do a patch test.

I just want to verify I obviously know that a patch test is required, like I said, I am qualified! :green: Just wondered how many of you do them.

This is why i dont offer it as a treatment aswell.
Ive even had one or two clients say that they tint thier own eyelashes with kits from Boots:eek: :eek:
surely having it professionally done by a trained therapist is so much safer!
I have a couple of ladies who tint their own eyelashes,or should I say tinted their own lashes.They said their lashes never turned out that dark so...never to miss an oportunity I suggested that they have it done by a professional using professional products.Me:green:

These over the counter tints are nowhere near as strong as we use therefore dont give as good a result as having a therapist apply it.Use it to your advantage,explain the benefits of having it done by a professional,using professioanal products.Bet she wont use Boots ever again once she has the real thing.

Bleaching is not a much sought after treatment in our salon either,we do offer it and insist on a test prior to treatment.

In nearly 4 years of being in the salon I'm working in at present, I have only ever done 1.If clients have facial hair(a lot of mine do)then whats the point in having bleached facial hair(still shows)they are better off waxing imho:green:

Saying this I will probably get into work and find I have a facial bleach treatment booked in:lol: You just never know,so offer it just to be on the safe side,it's cheap and easy,just not that popular these days.

Latest posts

Back