Bleeders help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura9596

Reaction score
Hi! So i haven't been doing hair very long.. I love doing hair color ,but I just keep getting bleed marks. :( when I practice on my mannequin I don't get any,but on a real head, I get them in the nape area and on the sides of the head. At work we use matrix. Normally I use vlight. I feel like they slide so I tried folding the foil to the halfway point. Then I folded it again and folded the sides. This helped with them slipping but now sometimes I feel like it came out the top! I'm so stressed out over this. Please give me some advice,tips,tricks. Thank you!!!

Are you mixing your products to the correct ratio ?? I never used to measure my bleach just used to mix to consistency but Iv found since measuring the bleach and peroxide like supposed to it's helped ! Otherwise it could be too runny causing it to bleed xx

Make sure you don't have too much colour at the roots. although you want colour close to the roots the colour will expand from the heat off the head and this may be causing bleeding.

Use finer sections in each foil to prevent them slipping, make ur packets nice and tight and put minimal tint near the root. The product will spread a little bit during processing and if it's too thick near the opening of the foil it will seep out.

Fine foils, less product if you're piling it on, when applying foils through the nape get the client to pop their head down makes it a lot easier, are your sections clean? Don't do a weave wider than the width of the foil, when folding your foil to put it in do you fold away from the hair or towards the hair try doing it towards the hair and then once you've put the product on and folded it to stop it from slipping your fold underneath slip your pintail in and push it upwards to stop it from slipping, when applying the product don't put it right up to the root and turn your brush on its side and gently feather it
Hope that helps

Latest posts

Back